Speck Candy Shell or iSkin Solo FX

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gijoe24jp, Nov 1, 2009.

1. gijoe24jp macrumors newbie

I can't decide if I should get a Speck Candy Shell or a iSkin Solo FX. Can someone offer me some suggestion? Also, are these two cases compatible with BodyGuardz? Thank you very much.

2. detoxguy macrumors member

both are good, the candyshell is thick. The solo is thinner.
    Personally I think using a case and a skin is overkill and OCD.

3. topherg macrumors regular

I've owned both... I liked the iskin better, it saved my iPhone when I dropped it on the pavement! Both however will scratch your iPhone chrome bezel by the dock connector.

4. Battery Pulse macrumors member

Battery Pulse

In terms of protection, the candy shell is a better product. The iskin solo will offer protection as well, but if you drop both cases with an iPhone inside off of a two story building, the iPhone on the candy shell will fare slightly better.
    Anyway, if you want something that looks good, you really can't go wrong with these two. I personally find transparent jelly/silicone cases to be really nice.

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

6. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Both cases with with my BSE. I just ordered the purple candyshell. I still use the white/cranberry one. If you like to switch cases, go to the solo. it's easier to get in/out.

And if I ever dropped my iphone out of a 2 story building, regardless of what case was on it...I might have a heart attack. lol.

Anyone try out the Speck SeeThru? Obv not as much protection as the candyshell but it looks great!

7. gijoe24jp thread starter macrumors newbie

What's the difference between FX and FX SE?

8. Battery Pulse macrumors member

Battery Pulse

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I have one of the new See Thrus (clear color) on right now and LOVE IT. It's like it combines the best of the 2 cases (I also have multiple of each of those). I'm actually swinging by the AT&T store today when it opens to pick up either a blue or red ST as soon as it opens (I'll decide when I get there :) ). It allows you to see the iPhone (totally transparent, no watermarking) like a Solo FX but offers more protection like a CS (but it feels noticeably less bulky than the CS). The buttons are very well-defined and responsive, so they're easy to use, especially while on the phone (volume). I think this may finally be the case I've been looking for.

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

11. jparris1 macrumors regular

I used the CandySHell for a while but I switched to the SeeThru. I agree. Feels slimmer than the CS,but still offers great protection.