Speck Candyshell and Docking

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jena55, Oct 14, 2011.

1. jena55 macrumors member

Hi everyone...

I really like the look of the candyshell, but I use my ihome and a dock on a sony radio I have at work all the time. Will the candyshell dock okay? I use the ihome the most, so I guess that would be the most important. I don't think I would want to take the case on and off all the time. Opinions?

2. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Very doubtful it will dock. This is really the only issue with the CandyShell IMO.

To get around that issue I use a sendstation Dock Extender for my clock radio dock thingie.

3. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

In case you are still considering - no, it won't dock, not quite, not into the universal dock at least. Needs to be just a sliver thinner on the bottom - you might even be able to polish it out - or get the candy shell flip.

4. Chargerdan macrumors member

The standard dock adapters don't do so well with the Candy Shell. I use the LYCO Adapter with mine and it works great. It fits into anything that accepts dock adapter inserts.