Speck Candyshell for iPhone 5 question about size vs. iPhone 4 case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iansilv, Oct 21, 2012.

1. iansilv macrumors 6502a

I have a speck for my iphone 4, and I love it... but it is a little too bulky now that I have seen some other options. I am going to upgrade to the iphone 5 soon, so I was wondering- I know the candyshell for the iphone 5 will be thinner because the phone is thinner, but for any owners out there- is it reduced in overall "bulk?" As in, is the case thinner because of any design change in addition to it being thinner because of the iphone 5's thinner body?

2. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

I decided to go with the Candyshell Grip. It's rounded instead of squared off. It makes the case very thin feeling, and not bulky whatsoever. Look into it. I prefer it over the traditional Candyshell.

3. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I also felt that my CandyShell for my 4S was a bit bulky, but I decided to try the CandyShell for my 5 on launch day because it was the only nice case out. Unlike the 4/4S case, the phone still seems extremely thin.

Later, I bought a Grip Candy Sheer, and the difference in thickness if you lay both cases on the table face down is only ~1 mm. Amazing improvement in the CandyShell for the 5 over the CandyShell for the 4/4S.

Go for it! It's a really nice case. I just didn't like how it scratched so easily.