Speck Candyshell grip to tight for 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chillip, Mar 11, 2016.

1. chillip macrumors 6502a

Mar 16, 2013
    i have a Candyshell grip case from my iPhone 6 which I'm currently using with my new 6s. The case feels very tight. I realise the 6s is thicker but speck say the case should be fine. I was wondering if you think the case could be to tight and crack the screen under pressure? Thanks
  2. vietalogy macrumors 6502

Sep 17, 2006
  3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Mar 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Only way the screen would crack is if you had to put a lot of stress on the phone to remove the case.

You do need to remove them every once in a while as debris will get between the case and the phone and will abrade the anodized finish.
  4. kgenova macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2013
    I can't comment specifically on the 6s, but I have three CandyShell Grips for the 6s Plus and they are all fine. They are very slightly tighter on the 6s Plus than on the 6 Plus, but they are not going to damage the phone. I have taken them off and on many, many times :)

5. danny8200 macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2014
    Chicopee, MA
    I doubt removal of a case would cause any damage.
  6. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

Aug 4, 2010
    I have one on my 6s. I also has one on the 5 and if feels no tighter on the 6s than it did on the 5.

I remove it once every few weeks to clean the phone and have encountered no issues at all.
  7. GalFieri macrumors regular

Mar 4, 2016
    Tempered glass protectors might break (my Anker GlassGuard is doing that now :() but your phone itself won't.
  8. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

Jul 2, 2008
    FWIW, the packaging from my Grip says it's compatible with both 6 Plus and 6S Plus.

And it's not one of those instances where they just slapped a sticker on new old stock.

Speck used to have PDFs, but now has videos on how to remove and install their cases.

I still see them at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for $10 bucks, where I got both of mine. Verified authentic at realspeck.com.
  9. blue rocket Suspended

blue rocket

Jul 28, 2010
    CT, USA
    they are a little tight, but no issues on my end even getting my 6 Plus case to fit the 6S Plus...