Speck candyshell vs switcheasy trim?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stone315, Oct 15, 2011.

1. stone315 macrumors regular

Hi,

I just got a new white iPhone 4 today (AT&T, so I believe both of these cases would fit), and I'd like to get a case that has a reasonable amount of protection while not being crazy bulky. The speck candyshell and the switcheasy trim both keep coming up in google searches, do any of you have any recommendations between the two? I like the frosted glass look of the back of the trim but I'm not sure it would protect the phone as well as the candyshell.

Thanks!

Matt

2. amdmaxx macrumors member

3. ninerfan macrumors regular

I got the Candy Shell for my new white 4s. White with pink trim. I am crazy about this case. Feels great in the hand. Love that it has padding on the inside for additional protection, and the hard case on the outside. Reception on the phone is excellent with this case!

4. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

I also got this case today. I have an Otterbox commuter on the way, but it isn't shipping until later this month and I wanted my phone to be protected in the interim. I ordered a different case, but that's a whole different story...

Anyway, I picked up the Speck white with pink accents and I really, really like it. It looks great with the white iPhone and fits it perfectly :)

5. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Speck all the way on this one. I have both and have done video reviews on both and the TRIM while nice is too rough on the edges to the point of feeling uncomfortable in the hand (at least for me)