Speck Case-ish

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akindy, Jan 24, 2008.

1. akindy macrumors member

akindy

I'm sure most of your are familiar with that great plastic Speck case for MB and MBP's. I once saw a similar product on a 17" that was totally smooth, didn't ruin the sleek look at all. I've googled around but can't seem to figure out who makes it. Anyone know of a similar product?

2. nzoMD macrumors member

I've been looking at these as well.. theres two companies who make them.

Speck which are much nicer of the two.

TechShell which are not as nice (imo).

I've been doing some research on these shells because they are affordable and is exactly what im looking for. It seems like Speck started a little rough from the reviews I read that were nearly two years old.. bad fitting and people had a hard time removing them. They have been updating their products and their fitting is now perfect, but I have yet to find a review on any mac forum from someone who has bought one recently. However there is a youtube video that was uploaded a year ago in which he reviews the shells, easily puts it on and takes it off. So that review answered the question I had about if they were still very difficult to remove. However, if they still scratch the MBP.. I wouldn't know and if anyone has purchased one recently... I would like to know.

3. tveric macrumors 6502

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Just go to the store and get an envelope. That was its selling point.