Speck case MacBook Pro question!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sammyvine, May 20, 2013.

1. sammyvine macrumors regular

The clippings on my speck case has broken, (i didn't even notice that they were until i took the case off for a clean).

My question is if i take it back to apple will the replace it for me? I have had this case for about 6 months now....

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Speck has a one year warranty on their products. Visit their website for more information: http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns

3. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

Off topic. But does spec make good cases? I thought about getting one for my rMPB.

4. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Half of a clipping on my Speck smartshell broke. I didn't care to replace it because it still holds pretty nicely since it's only half of the clip. Overall, the quality is not great but good enough.

5. sammyvine thread starter macrumors regular

is it true speck cases damage the macbook and makes it overheat? :eek:

6. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

I had a speck case on my old Macbook 13" white for 3 years and I never had this problem. I'm sure there are cases where this has happened but I'm assuming dirt got into the speck shell somehow to damage it. As for the overheating I can't comment. I will be buying one for my MBP as soon as I get to it.

As PP said I had an issue with one of the clips snapping but I didn't even relise it had happened nor did I bother to replace it because the functionality of the case was still there.

7. fskywalker, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013

fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I have a Speck case on my rMBP and do really like their cases, highly recommend them. In the past had used InCase brand as well, they are very good too. No broken tabs, no marks on machine. No overheating.

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have owned two Speck cases for my MBP and rMBP I have no problem with them so far. No damage done to both of them and no overheat at all. :apple:

9. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

I'm on my third Speck case, first one I sent back lost the two rear clips, the second one is cracked on the two front corners.

I baby my laptop, so I don't really understand how I keep breaking them. I'm running without a case till my third one comes in.

Can't say I would buy one again.

10. joeybaker919, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013

joeybaker919 macrumors newbie

I went to get another speck case this weekend after my speck broke on the back two clips. The Apple store in NYC seems to be selling a brand called uncommon which has beefed up back tabs. It is great looks the same and doesn't seems to cause overheating issues!

11. sammyvine thread starter macrumors regular

i am not sure if i should buy a new case or return it and see if they will give me a new one!

12. Serban Suspended

so. for my macbook air 13" should i buy a spec case or uncommon case?
    i like the colors and the apple logo to shy through the case
    What you recommend for me?

13. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I don't know Uncommon, would recommend Speck or InCase cases.

14. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

tried incase speck and blew 100 on both. get moshi, there the best

15. AppleCruncher macrumors regular

I have never overheated with a speck case. That was with my 2009 MBP. Now I have a new MBP and am shopping for a new case also.