Speck Cases - Fitted isn't working out

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by h1r0ll3r, Aug 27, 2010.

?

Which Speck case you like the best?

1. Geometric

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. Candyshell

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Pixelskin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pixelskin HD

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

OK, I've gotten two replacement cases form Speck for my Fitted case I got from the Apple case program. First one, the tabs broke and the second one has serious flash issues. They're allowing me to get yet another replacement however Speck's lineup of IP4 cases is pretty weak. Not going to get another Fitted case so I'm left with either;

Geometric
    Pixelskin
    Pixelskin HD
    Candyshell

So, I know a lot of people have one (or more) of these cases so I needed figure out which is the best one of these to get? Not really a big fan of the Candyshell however I'm also left with the fact that they'll send me whatever case they have in stock. I was leaning towards the Geometric however I've seen/heard a lot of ok reviews for the Pixelskins.

Please post your thoughts on these cases. Thanks.

2. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

The GeoMetric doesn't have a flat back which was a deal breaker for me since I use my phone flat on the table a lot. But my husband likes it okay.

A lot of people seem to like the PixelSkin HD. I think for you it is probably the best bet.

3. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I have used the Candyshell and the Geometric. I don't know why, but I love the Geometric. It just feels right in my hand. That said, it doesn't do that great if you do a lot of stuff with it sitting flat on a table. It's a really simple, great feeling case. Right now I'm sporting the Otterbox Commuter...which just came yesterday. It and the Geometric will be my go-to cases.

Steve

4. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

The speck fitted case my gf just got had a new oval shape around the flash. She has no problems.

[​IMG]

5. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Thanks for the input. Speck said screw it and they're sending me a GeoMetric instead. Oh well. We'll see if that one works out better than the Fitted.

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I don't like the idea of a case without a flat back, but I have not used the Geometric hands on so maybe it is nice.

7. ocdavidz33 macrumors newbie

I got the speck fitted from the apple program and I think it's a pretty solid case. It feels like it belongs to on the phone. Solid. I haven't tried to take it off though. We will see how that goes.

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I believe thae candy shelll is the only one that has a film that covers camera and flash.

Marc

9. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I got mine free from the case program and had no intention of actually using it (I prefer naked). It fits so well and feels so natural that I've left it on. All my docks and headphones fit fine. I had a bumper and couldn't stand it (nothing fit and it was too sticky to easily go in and out of my pocket).

10. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I have the same one... but there are strings coming out the back... how lame. I've only had it on my phone about 2 days now from the program case.

11. cgentry macrumors member

I personally love my Fitted Case. I was given, however, one with the "keyhole" cutout. I emailed Speck customer service about this, asking if I could exchange for the new and improved style, and they replied with some random email about the CandyShell issues. I re-emailed them letting them know I was inquiring about the Fitted Case and they haven't gotten back to me. How's the exchange policy? Am I sending my old one to them in order to receive a new one or what? I don't have a physical receipt as it was done through the free case program. What should I do/who should I contact?

12. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

how does the new updated fitted case? Mine has the oval camera back, but its really annoying that the strings coming out from 2 days. I was excited first... and now its just a cheap case.

13. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I got the Speck Fitted for my wife's IP4 through the case program. It has been on her phone for a week and she loves it. The fit is very nice, no strings to speak of, overall I think its a great case.