Speck Cases help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bruenor9, Mar 29, 2014.

1. bruenor9 macrumors newbie

2. Bri in Mtl macrumors member

I have the clear and am quite satisfied with it. Not that difficult to remove to clean out small particles once a month or so.
    I'd buy it again.

3. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

4. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I have the Speck SeeThru Clear. Got it off Amazon for a little less than the usual sale price. Barely adds any weight, little thicker but not unbearable, the peace of mind is worth it. With the Crystal finish, while the MBP is closed it's basically invisible.
    Haven't noticed any particles under the case yet, probably because unlike the none Retina MBP that had the slats cut out of it, the Retina version is solid plastic that is very tightly fit. Doesn't mean I haven't wiped it down every once in awhile.

On a side note, I chose to decorate it a little bit. Slipped some high quality prints and stickers behind the case without having to stick anything on. Very pleased with Speck so far.

5. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

I've got the steel blue SmartShell on mine. Almost went for the clear, but this color is awesome.

The fit is nice and snug. It doesn't feel like it flexes or anything when I handle my computer, which was one of my concerns.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I've got a Matt black. I remove it once a month for a clean. Does a nice job

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I recommend just getting a sleeve instead. Wouldn't covering it in plastic disrupt the cooling?

8. Marty62 macrumors 6502

I keep mine "naked" but use a Crumpler sleeve, never liked the look of those
    cases myself.
    After 18 months I don't have a single mark on the case, anywhere !

M.

9. joeytp macrumors member

:)
    I've boutgh it too. Had a blue before and i think the clear has been a good chose I't does not hide the perfect look of the rMBP...

Thank's