Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
Email sent. I'm actually surprised that they haven't added more options to their website....surely the offerings there now (ugh) aren't all they're planning on releasing. At least that's what I'm hoping.

BlueMoonForever

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Email sent. I'm actually surprised that they haven't added more options to their website....surely the offerings there now (ugh) aren't all they're planning on releasing. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Exactly. The Galaxy Note series never got the same attention as the S4, S5 did. I'm hoping its different with the iPhone. But why does the smaller device get the better cases? I'm a dude and I don't like all the purple loud cases.

Anyway, thanks again for submitting your feedback.

BlueMoonForever

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
I noticed that, too. I have always loved the candy she'll cases in the past.

They did an awesome job on the CandyShell cases for the 6, but what about the 6 Plus?

If those same cases would have been available for the plus, I would have bought 2 or 3 and Speck would have made a pretty penny.

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
Hopefully they will come to their senses and realize that the 6 plus is a very popular model. It's a big market and if they don't do something then Otterbox, Incipio and other case manufacturers are going to steal a lot of their business.

l.i. bruce fan

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Has Speck said they would not manufacture a CandyShell for the 6 Plus? I looked at their website and came away with the impression that they would be adding to their line, though I don't know why...

Guess it cant hurt to let Speck know we are waiting on CandyShell cases for our Pluses....

fouramphonecall

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
They did an awesome job on the CandyShell cases for the 6, but what about the 6 Plus?

You sure about that? Because I've seen a few negative reviews on this forum. People seemed to think they made the 'lip' too thick this time and it interferes with the sideways swipe gestures and the roundness of the edges.

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
with every company, the bottom line is the profit margin...

as much as most 6+ owners hate to admit it, there are way more reg 6 phones sold, be it cause of the availability and size preference...

that is why their main attention was directed at the reg 6 first...

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
Got a reply and it was just a canned response saying they can't say anything via email and the only way to get updates is to either check their website or sign up for their newsletter. Oh well....it appears other companies would like my money. Speck's loss.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Has Speck said they would not manufacture a CandyShell for the 6 Plus? I looked at their website and came away with the impression that they would be adding to their line, though I don't know why...

Guess it cant hurt to let Speck know we are waiting on CandyShell cases for our Pluses....

I actually sent this question to Speck CS on Sunday and got a somewhat generic, unhelpful response yesterday that they did not know if there would be any Candyshell options for 6 Plus, pointing me to current (heinous) options. The inked prints are "especially heinous". WTH?

----------

Here's email I just sent:

Your existing case options for 6 Plus are just awful IMO. Why so much love for iphone 6 and so little for iphone 6 Plus? Please come out with Candyshell for 6 Plus in some decent color schemes. And hurry, before I spend all my case money elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.