Speck Fitted Case for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dlamin517, Jul 7, 2010.

1. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

2. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Nothing worse then a company trying to sell iPhone products from a website that cannot be viewed on an iPhone.

On topic I will say of all the iPhone cases I have tried over the years, and it's been a lot of them, the speck cases seemed to offer the most protection of all of them (aside from an otterbox)

3. xenopower2 macrumors member

my gf has one of these for her ipod touch and it is excellent. it has a cloth like feel, but also provides good protection because it is hard

4. FortMOney macrumors member

I got one out of necessity. I needed a case and the purple speck case was the only one AT&T had left. It fits pretty well, I haven't really dropped it yet so can't speak for protection. I will be taking advantage of the 30 day return policy when I get back from my trip

Edit: oh and every button/plug in is easily accessible except the headphone jack doesn't work for some of my headphones.

5. OnNightfall macrumors regular

6. FortMOney macrumors member

I have the flashlight app and it didn't look like it distorted it at all but I really don't take pictures with the flash much

7. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

can you post some pictures pretty please??:)

8. egk69 macrumors 6502

the case looks very nice and all, but if you drop the iPhone the case pops open and you iPhone will land rough on the ground! or at least that use to happen on the 3GS! :mad:

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't know about the fitted case, but the pixelskin case does indeed have the flash problem. Pictures taken with the flash have glare.

10. FortMOney macrumors member

I will try my best but I am on vacation and the only camera I have is my iPhone 4

11. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I saw some kid that had the camo case on his i4 at the apple store but i have never seen one for sale yet... it looked cool from a far but...

12. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Any updates from people who have bought the fitted case yet? I'd like to see pics, if possible. I see that the speck website has them in stock but I'm not able to go to at&t at the moment to see them in person. I'm eyeing the purple argyle or the purple slurple. Thanks!

13. jparris1 macrumors regular

Speck sent me one after the flash glare issue with my CandyShells. It was supposed to be a PixelSkin but they sent a Fitted instead. It feels nice, but I won't use it. I have had bad experiences with cases that snap together front to back. They tend to split apart if dropped. It is slightly thinner than the CandyShell and looks classy.

14. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Thanks for the response! Hm, that's a good point about the cases that snap together. I'll have to ponder this case a bit more then.

15. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I had this case for my 3GS and FWIW, didn't have a problem with it splitting apart when it wasn't supposed to. I never dropped it, though, so of course that experience could be completely different.

I'd totally get one for the 4 if they had some of the same cute patterns they did for previous models, though something about that green striped one is kinda tempting. Other than that one, I just don't care for any of the new designs.

16. MichelleAK macrumors member

Here's a pic of the back of my Speck Fitted case I got at AT&T yesterday:

[​IMG]

And the front:

[​IMG]

I doubt it would give a lot of protection if dropped from any great distance; I wouldn't be surprised if it did come apart. Plus, there's not a lot of "padding" to help with impact protection, and there's one large cutout at the bottom for the connection and speaker, and a cutout with no button covers for the volume/mute buttons.

However, it works for me, since I'm pretty cautious, and was just looking for something that would give me a better grip and protect the back without adding a lot of bulk. If you work or play in more rugged areas than I do, you may want something a bit tougher.

I didn't notice any problem with the flash, but I've only taken a couple of flash pictures with it (I just got my iPhone yesterday). The black color probably helps negate any flash distortion.

17. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Thanks! That's a good point about the dropping.

Thanks so much for the pics! That color was one of the ones I was eyeing so that was a big help :)

18. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

I got this case yesterday and I absolutely love it, the only thing that irritates me is that it's so friggen hard to take off. My sister has the same case and she has the same problem. Maybe we're just weak but I can't get it off unless I use some major pliers maybe. Does anyone have a tip to take it off?

(The main reason I want to take it off is for when I put a different screen shield on)

19. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

For cases that snapped together front to back in the past, the easiest way I found to get them apart was to get a thumbnail in the crack (heh) down toward the bottom of the phone and then kinda slowly slide it up the side. Eventually it should split the 2 halves apart.

20. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Thanks! I actually like that pattern more than I thought, after seeing that pic. I went ahead and ordered the purple slurple (the black/purple plaid) from above so I'll take some pics after it arrives for anyone else curious. I'm going naked in the meantime and it feels good :eek: but I'm a case whore, I like mixing it up! :D

21. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

That's the one I got on Saturday. It looks fantastic in person, even better than it appears on the site. Love it! Oh, and for anyone who may be interested, it's available in the AT&T store so you can save yourself a bit of a wait and shipping costs that way.

22. nkr1974 macrumors regular

just got mine, put it on and IT ROCKS!! i had the contour hard case on my 3g and loved it. this is the closest thing i've found to that case that is for sale at the moment. VERY hard to get off but that's a good thing right?!

it fits snug all around. only thing is i can see some of the metal band through the slit at the top right. if i put a screen protector on the phone it would make that even worse. i don't know if i'll put a screen protector on this phone. i'll have to see how the PS protectors look on the IP4 with the awesome display.

23. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I got the green/white/yellow striped case a week or so ago, & I absolutely hate it. The fit is wonderful, but I can't get over the material that is used for the design on the back. It feels odd.

24. nkr1974 macrumors regular

I wish the would make one with the grippy side material all the way around. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.