Speck Fitted - man oh man, fail.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JtheLemur, Oct 20, 2008.

1. JtheLemur macrumors 6502

Just got the pinstripe one.

Pros:

- The fabric feel is great.

- Fabric itself is quite nice.

- That's it.

Cons:

- It is *huge* (overall case thickness) compared to every other case I've tried.

- Because it's so thick, the Sleep button is nearly impossible to press.

- Sharp edges at every seam, which totally ruins the feel of the fabric. It's soft against your palm, but then, ouch against your fingers.

- Interior needs some soft material. It's slightly rubbery but some rubber strips for cushioning would have been welcome.

- Did I mention how thick it is? Holy cow. The side buttons, headphone jack, Sleep button, they all feel like they're at the bottom of a well!

Sadly, it feels completely rushed. It's *definitely* no SwitchEasy Neo, which remains the best case ever, next to the iSkin Revo2.

2. Addison Charles macrumors newbie

No problems with mine...

I've bought and used a few cases from Speck over the years, including their colored shells on my MB Pro...

I just got their Fitted too in pinstripe and don't see the same fit/sharpness issues you mentioned.

Agreed, it's not ultra-slim, but then again, it's got fabric over it and is why I bought it, so it's not gonna be the same thickness as a hard plastic of thin leather case.

Anyway, I dig it. Mileage and style may vary I guess.