Speck Fitted mini review.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AuroraProject, Feb 5, 2011.

1. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Today I received 3 cases in the mail. The Speck Fitted for iPhone 4 was one of them. This is a 2 piece case, a main section the phone sits into and then a thin border that snaps on around the edge of the phone. Construction is hard plastic with a soft touch coating and a fabric material on the back. Cutouts are ample, this case would be fine for at&t or Verizon iPhones. I was shipped an older revision, it has the keyhole camera cutout and there are some washout issues present when taking a picture with flash. The case feels great in the hand, nice smooth rolled edges. Not too bulky, it just fits the hand well. Third party dock connectors would be no problem, the cutout exposes most of the bottom of the phone.
    Build quality is excellent, but I feel like if this was to be dropped you would probably end up with at least 3 pieces on the floor. I don't see it giving much drop protection. I don't use screen protectors, so I really can't comment on how it would fit with one on the phone. Currently this case is $5 at at&t corporate stores and at the at&t wireless website (NOTE: it is only the green one for $5, other colors are priced higher). I recommend this case, and at $5 it's a great deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. reebs macrumors 6502

great pics! Thinking about buying but if it doesn't work with screen protectors it's a no go for me. Don't use flash much so don't really care about wash out.

3. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Have this one and a Black one from the free case program, they both work fine with screen protectors

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Had front & back protectors on mine and this case fit. Was a smidge snug but it did fit just fine. Assuming you only use the front protector then you won't have any issues. Will mention that if you are one that changes cases alot or are constantly removing your case (for some reason) then the tabs that snap this case together will break or snap. Good case though, really liked it,

5. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I had just a front protector. I've had mine since august and I remove and put it on a TON, so far mine is still as firm as the day I got it

6. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

what about as far as dropping the case would it stay together when impacting something?

7. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I dropped it once, and it didn't split

8. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Here are my pics:

Attached Files:

9. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Sorry about the quality, shot 'em up real quick.

Anyway, I'll post a full review here soon!

10. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

wtf? how'd you get an oval cutout??

11. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Your camera is focusing on the carpet instead of the phone. Try a different background next time, I find some heavy canvas from an arts & crafts place works best in a variety of colors.

12. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Alright. :D

13. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

It's just what they had at the AT&T store.

14. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I got this case form the case program apple had, After about 2 months the thing wouldn't stay closed anymore. If you plan to take this case off often (I use to charge my phone on the dock every night) then don't get it.

15. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

my store also had the oval cut out,

@austin, check out light boxes, search it on google you can make one yourself and it will make detailed pictures come out great.

16. JASApplications macrumors 65816

17. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Both my wife and I each got one of these for our Verizon iPhones which will be arriving tomorrow. We also received the cases with the oval cutouts. Though we obviously haven't had any experience using these, the quality is amazing and we are so glad that we went with them! They are so much more unique than most of the cases that I've seen out there.

18. bwhitta macrumors regular

I just bought one of the green one for my Verizon iPhone from the ATT store for $5. They didn't have any with the oval cut outs, so pictures with the flash on are absolutely atrocious. Also, the jerk who rang me up kept insisting he needed my phone number. Gave him my home number (which is an ATT account), but he kept pestering me for my cell phone number. Finally told him that I don't have an ATT cell account and he was actually trying to keep me from buying it. He called the manager over and she said to just ring it up for me. What a joke.

All in all, the case is perfect for $5. Pretty ugly and sucks for pictures, but it'll do the job until I find something worth buying. Fits the VZW iPhone perfectly because it has a full cut out for the side buttons.

19. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Contact Speck. They will replace it for a new revised one with the oval cut. Email them from their web page.

20. bwhitta macrumors regular

Will do, thanks.

21. macuserjhs macrumors regular

Does anyone know why the speck fitted for the verizon iphone has such a big camera cutout? the regular speck case that they sell at apple doesnt have that and it fits the verizon iphone?

22. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

that is some bull, they are 5 dollars for a reason to get rid of inventory i dont know why it would make a difference who is buying it.

23. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

For crying out loud! There is no Verizon version of this case. There have been different revisions, keyhole camera cutout came first, it had flash issues. They made the camera cutout bigger to fix flash issues, it's the new revision. Nothing to do with Verizon.

24. macuserjhs macrumors regular

No, go on specks website and look. They have a verizon version and the AT&T version. You will see how big the camera cutout is.

25. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Ok, my bad, all this Verizon iPhone stuff is getting to me! I don't know why they did that, the standard revision 2 would fit a Verizon iPhone just fine. The enormous camera cutout looks dumb imo.