Speck Fitted Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bootsie, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Well I was planning on ordering a green bumper case, but with the current options I am leaning more toward the Speck Fitted case.

But I have a couple of questions...

Does anyone know if the Speck Fitted will fit over a Phantomskinz on the back and sides? I want to keep the Phantomskinz as well as a SGP screen protector on the phone to prevent and scratching that might come from dirt and stuff getting stuck in the case, as well as for the times that I want to go without the case.

Anyone have it and not like it?

Thanks!

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I have no idea about it fitting over a skin yet; I have a couple of DecalGirl skins en route that should get here tomorrow, so I can test it with those and let you know. As for the case itself, I love it. I like this one a lot better than the 3GS version. The frame that goes around the front of the phone is a lot less clunky and obtrusive than it was for the 3GS, and the case itself feels less bulky and more refined. I have the green striped one and ordered the black plaid one from Apple as my freebie case--I wasn't wild about the pattern on it but I love the case itself so much I figured I'd go for it.

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

OK, just tried putting the fitted on over the DecalGirl skin and it'd be a VERY tight fit if it were to work at all. I only went partway because it was starting to peel the corners up and I worked too damn hard to line them up to mess them up right away. :p I don't know if the skin you're talking about is thinner than this one or not, so it may or may not work. I know, helpful.

4. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

I have PhantomSkinz on order. Will be getting my phone next week and the PixelSkin HD when available. I hope it doesn't pull the edges up.

I guess you need both a high-quality skin and proper installation. Hope this fits the bill; apparently the Zagg IS is a no-go with this case.

Edit: the Fitted snaps on front and back so this should (in theory) be better than other traditional case styles. Good luck!

5. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Ok thanks everyone, if anyone has actually tried this combo and it works please let me know, I want the skin for sure (already have it) but I would also like some kind of hard case to go over it when I want the extra protection, I just don't know which one of the apple case offerings would work.

6. daiig macrumors member

i tried putting speck fitted on with a front/back ghost armor and the case would not snap. took the back off and it fit fine. eventually got tired of ghost armor and took it back to the mall kiosk for a refund. now just using the fitted and a sgp front and am very pleased with the combo.

7. Bootsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Thank you! This makes me think it might be possible because I will only have the Phantomskinz on the back and sides, and SGP on the front (which is thinner). So you like the fitted case though?

Ugh! I want this to work, but I don't want to order until I know for sure. I wish I could try it, I wonder if AT&T still has these cases in the store.

Thanks for any help that anyone else can give me!