Speck for rMBP out at last

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by charlieegan3, Sep 7, 2012.

1. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

I know there have been loads of people waiting for this.

but i'm still waiting for a Thule gauntlet or booq viper built for the rMBP specifically.

Attached Files:

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Nice, thanks for that.

Those look great - I've seen Speck cases on other models, great products.

3. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

4. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

I have the Thule Attache 15 and it is the nuts! A sleeve without a power cord would annoy me far too much. The rMBP fits very nicely in the attache and I also look like Bond.

5. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Wow they took for ever. Kuzy has had ones out for nearly 1.5 months

6. charlieegan3 thread starter macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

my need to look like james bond aside, I really like the look of the gauntlet case (to go inside my backpack), i'm just worried about it being a little loose.

7. lordjonny macrumors regular

lordjonny

8. cramazing macrumors 6502

these things look great and all but do they scratch the finish of the unibody?

9. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

I used to have one of these on my very first Mac- a 13'' Pro in ~2008. I always felt like they caused my laptop to run hotter than it's designed to...is this something only I've noticed or something others have too? I say this because if I took off the case while something intensive was going on, it would be extremely hot, hotter than it would be without the case (or at least I thought so). Also, it always seemed like the fans had to work a lot harder, probably because some of the vents in the back of the laptop under the screen hinge were just blowing air straight into a wall...

10. Fatt macrumors member

I wonder how one of these would fit in my brain cell sleeve. It's already a pretty snug fit, I'm hoping by adjusting the strap I can get it to fit well enough.

11. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Anybody with previous generations have pros and cons with this case?

12. MacRetina macrumors member

MacRetina

Speck said this product is an Apple Store exclusive.

"They won't be on Amazon as they're Apple exclusives right now. Any that you see on Amazon aren't legit & won't have a warranty."

13. ivanatheiguana macrumors newbie

14. Outkast27 macrumors 6502

I had one on my 2011 MacBook Pro 15 inch. it fits perfect and did not leave any scuffs or scratches I really like it. I have been waiting for these models come out for my new retina.

15. richorlin macrumors regular

I bought the Kuzy from Amazon for $25 because I couldn't wait. It SUCKS big time. The bottom of the case adjacent to the Thunderbolt ports protrudes up so th TB cable will not make a solid connection. Parts of the case extend above the top deck and are unsightly.
    I bought a Speck at the Apple Store today and the difference for $25 is like night and day. Stay away from Kuzy (mine is going back to Amazon) and buy a Speck instead. You won't regret the extra $25.
    And most important" buy it at the B&M Apple Store, not online. The B&M has it for Speck's price of $49 but the online store has it for $59.

16. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I have a pink one from Incase from 2 years ago and looks brand new. I never really like speck and the quality of their stuff. Their items seem cheaply made compared to Incase. I prefer Incase. Be careful if you get something with rubber on it might either peel or flake off over time. Just a heads up.

17. ivanatheiguana macrumors newbie

Speck vs incase?

SO should I purchase the Speck SmartShell case for rMBP or should I wait for Incase to produce one? WHICH IS BETTER- INCASE OR SPECK (Anybody have past experience?) :O :)

ALSO as for the Speck SATIN case, I'm just wondering, does lines show on the rubberized texture? Like on an iPhone/iPod touch case (the kind of lines where if you use your nail, it shows, but you can rub the lines away)?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

18. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Personally, I would go with Speck. They seem to be the most popular brand and are rated higher than any other company as far as shell cases go. The speck case for my MBP handled scratches very well. They are barely visible and a quick wash and rinse once a month fades them out and blends them into the rubber.

19. TSloper macrumors member

I received mine today. It took 30 seconds to install and fits perfectly. It sucks spending so much for plastic but now I don't have to worry about BS dings and scratches.

Tim

20. rocanlover163 macrumors member

Does anyone know if the retina will still fit in the Book Arc with the Speck case on?

21. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

Definitely this. Found Speck to produce much lower quality plastic products with sharp edges than the Incase stuff, which has always been top notch, soft touch etc.

22. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

My Speck case cracked within the first few months on my MBP. I carefully took it off one day and it split on the side.