Speck GeoMetric Flash Issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OnNightfall, Sep 9, 2010.

1. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Hey guys, I just purchased the old GeoMetric on eBay for $19. I thought it was a great deal until I realized Speck revised with a bigger cutout for the flash. So my question, did the old one really have a flash issue? Most say no or for the most part no, can someone that has actually tried it or own one let me know? Pictures would help. Thanks!

2. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

The old Pixelskin HD and Geometric is kinda a hit or miss, Some people had the flash issue, Some people didnt. I bet if you emailed speck (Tell them you bought it from an at&t store) They will probably make you take a picture of it or something and they will send you out a revised one.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

It does :D

Speck sent me a Geometric after the previous two Fitted cases had flash issues. The issue isn't as bad as it is with the Fitted cases since those have deeper recesses than the GeoMetric however, there is a noticeable difference with the flash on the GeoMetric too. If you contact Speck, they might be willing to either send you another GeoMetric OR send you a completely new case (a different one) provided you show your receipt as well as some pics. I've gone through this process 4 times already with Speck and they keep sending me cases with the keyhole cutout instead of the oval cutout. They're really nice, don't get me wrong, but they can't (for whatever reason) send me the correct case.

4. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I've had my GeoMetric since they came out (keyhole cutout one) and I've never had flash issues. I take a lot of videos and pictures inside the House of Blues too and they all come out gorgeous.

5. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I just received my Geometric and I LOVE the case, but I have the keyhole cutout one and it does affect the flash. It is very slight but what it does is makes your pictures darker and gives it a darker shade. It really degrades the quality of night pictures. Now I have to get the replacement.