Speck GeoMetric Is A Little Loose Around The Edges - Solution

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Statusnone88, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Just had my Speck GeoMetric arrive today. Before I complain about anything, I just want to say that this case is gorgeous. Design is spectacular, feels light, not too rubbery but not too plastic.. just right.

My only beef with the case is that it just seems too loose fitting on the phone. The phone just slipped in there without any real fight to get it in and it's just a little too loose to feel completely protected.

Now I just recently had the joy of boiling my Apple bumper for 2 and a half minutes and that worked like a charm to tighten it up. Fits perfectly now. My question is is the material the Speck GeoMetric susceptible to the same kind of "heat" treatment as the bumper? Maybe not as drastic as boiling it, but maybe taking a powerful hair dryer to it for a while.

I'm not too keen on what the exact properties of the material of the case are, but I figured there are a lot of intelligent people on these boards that might know if it's even chemically possible to heat shrink this material

Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Figured I'd add this in, directly from Speckproducts.com:

GeoMetric cases are made of TPU - Thermoplastic Polyurethane. TPU is one of the world’s most awesome polymers (plastics) because it can be mixed to very specific consistencies, which allows us to get the perfect blend of elements to create the perfect texture and material. GeoMetric is not as soft and squishy as silicone ( our “regular” PixelSkin) - it’s still a soft, flexible plastic, but it’s much slicker and more dense- allowing it to slide in and out of your pocket easily. The density allows us to make a skinny, form-fitting case that still packs a very protective punch.

Now to figure out if this "blend" of plastic can withstand 212 degrees...

2. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Was hoping to have a good idea of what to expect when I throw this thing in a pot of boiling water... Google isn't really giving me any answers on the subject either. :(

3. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I have the same "problem" the Geometric isn't going to make the phone slip out so it's not much to worry about.

4. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Yeah, I'm just worried it's going to peel up my PS crystal.

EDIT: I'm still curious to know if I can heat shrink this thing...

5. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88