speck hard shell case for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by k1drobt, Jan 10, 2011.

1. k1drobt macrumors newbie

so i just recently got a speck hard shell case for my MBP. just wondering if leaving this sticker on would dent the body/damage the MBP in any way. thanks.

here is the sticker i'm talking about:

http://tinyurl.com/4ftkudh

also, how do you take the top cover off? it's on soooo tight that i'm afraid that if i force it it would damage my MBP

2. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Well a sticker is so thin it should not affect the performance of the machine. The only thing I would worry about as far as the sticker goes is that after a while you could have troubles getting it off...It could result in leaving residue and you would have to be super careful not to scratch the MBP when taking it off. Personally, I just don't put stickers on my Apple products..but that's just personal preference.

As for the case, yeah, it's very hard to get off and since it's a hard plastic it could break fairly easy. I would try getting a small, flathead screwdriver (be careful not to scratch the computer) and carefully get it under the case and work your way around the outside edges....but that's really the best advice I can give you. Sorry.

Hope this helps.

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I promise you it will certainly not damage your MBP. It is so thin, and the speck hardcase has a little bit of room to work with.