Speck Hardcase with Invisible Shield (on Unibody Macbook 13.3)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chim3ra, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Chim3ra macrumors member

Chim3ra

so i have a 13.3 Unibody Macbook, and i applied the invisible shield a few weeks back, but i just found out about the hard case, so i'm thinking, put the hardcase over the invisible shielded macbook.... but would that work...?

any suggestions would be nice! thx

2. akbc macrumors 6502

I don't see why not, invisibleSHIELD is pretty darn thin anyways.

I have it on my iPhone and I use Speck SeeThru Satin on my MBPro... seeing the two, I'm 120% sure it'll work.

Actually.. the heat might be the problem.. That's why I didn't go with your route on my MBPro... But if your MB is pretty cool at all times, definitely.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

It will depend on how snug the Speck see-thru case is. I use an invisible shield on my 5G iPod, and I have a clear hardshell case that will NOT fit on it with the IS on.
    The Invisible shield is thin, but it does add some thickness. I'm not sure whether it will work or not.

4. Redline13 macrumors 6502

I think the invisible shield is enough protection on it's own. Skip the case, it's overkill. Your Macbook is eventually going to get scratched, old, etc. and when it does none of this will matter.

5. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Hi there, I wanted to ask you actually attempted to do this and if it ended up working. I am considering this for my 15" MBP but I want to make sure that the shield will fit before shelling out another 50 bucks!

Thanks and sorry for digging up an old thread...