speck hardshell for mmbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wondering, Jul 30, 2008.

1. wondering macrumors newbie

hey guys, quick question,

the hard shell for the top part seems hard to remove, doesn't it scratch the mbp? I plan to buy the case to prevent scratches, I just worry if the shell will be the one that does it instead :confused:

2. xxMacAttackxx macrumors member

xxMacAttackxx

Get the incase hardshell

goincase.com

3. engles macrumors regular

It can be a bit tricky to remove. Use a thin card like a speedway membership card to pry it off. It wont scratch the computer though as long as you remove it and clean it every so often. I love the case. just try that and it should work.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I personally would not put on a Speck case. I have read too many stories about dirt getting under the case and scratching them all to pieces. This is with the MB and MBP versions.

It sort of defeats the purpose of protection.

5. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I honestly wouldn't get a Speck case. I had one on my MBP, and the top was so impossible to get off, I had to take it in to the Apple store. After the Genius spent ten minutes trying to get it off, she took it in the back for another fifteen. By the time she came out, she was flushed and told me it was very hard to get off, and I shouldn't put it back on. Not too thrilling to hear when I purchased it in the Apple store.

All that for $50. I'm still annoyed I paid that much for that thing.

6. mandap573 macrumors newbie

I thought about getting a Speck case too... I asked a genius about it and he said don't get one, because I heavily use adobe programs... something about it getting too hot if I have 5 adobe apps open + other stuff.

What I've gotten from other people (a lot of my friends have them) is that they are great if you aren't a "power user" and you don't take them off (ever). Oh yeah, and if you really want your mac to be a different color and don't want to pay colorware to do it, they are a good option.

7. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

The top part is a little tricky to get off, just use something thin to pry it off. I haven't gotten any scratches from the spec case yet and I remove it regularly. I usually take it off when I know I'm going to be doing cpu/gpu intensive tasks for better ventilation.

8. pinktank macrumors 6502

For some reason, mine made the screen brush against the speaker holes and left marks

9. TSE macrumors 68030

Personally, I prefer the sleeve form of protection compared to the speck case for various reasons:

-Doesn't add weight to your computer while using it
    -Doesn't effect the angle you can put your MBP's screen to.
    -Usually cheaper