Speck Hardshell? Or something else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LoneWolf121188, Jul 3, 2010.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Looking for either a hardshell or a wrap-type protection. This is mainly for scratches - I'm pretty hard on my stuff. :rolleyes: I'm thinking about the black Speck SeeThru Satin shell, but I want to know if there's any other options out there. Note that this is for the new 2010 MBP, with the new MagSafe.

Nothing candy-colored, please! Clear or black only.

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

:eek: use Mroogle...I got the Incase Hardshell for the 13"....the magsafe plug sticks out a bit...kinda lame. I would get invis shield & sleeve :p

3. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

I have Wrapsol on mine and I love it. I used the Speck Satin Case for a bit (2 hours) and I didn't like the added bulk/weight since I already carry it in a Vyper sleeve when I take it to school/work.

4. ihonda macrumors 68000

5. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

6. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got a Zagg for my iPhone 4 today and hated it. The spray left residue all over the back of the phone, and the small bubbles were impossible to get out. I can't imagine trying to install one (or something similar like a Wrapsol) on my entire MBP.

My MBP doesn't move around too much, so the extra bulk/weight isn't a huge concern.

7. Ann P macrumors 68020

Wrapsol is much better than Zagg trust me. You'll love the matte feel. If all else fails, just go with a Macally Bookshell case instead of the Speck. So tacky.