Speck HoldSter Universal Holster

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by paulie6978, Jan 11, 2011.

1. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

anyone have any info on this.... it looks pretty nice..... anyone know if it will fit the otterbox commuter for iphone 4 and if its sturdy, good design etc??

thanks alot

2. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

This thng is awesome!! The phone will not fall out of the holdster. The only gripe that I have with it is make sure you don't have a thick belt wearing this case because the clip then won't close all the way. As far as fitting the commuter case, as long as it doesn't make it any longer you should be good.

3. mdecker79 macrumors member

I picked up this holdster and returned it...

The clip is on the cheap side
    The clip does not have a hook like most belt clips so it slides off very easy
    The clip does not have a strong spring
    The clip only rotates to one side to correctly put your phone in the holdster. Meaning if you put your holdster on the right side of your body then to put the phone in you have to put the top of your phone in the clip and push up to push open the clip. This in turns pulls the clip off of your belt rendering it useless.
    To combat this you have to lift the clip past it's stopping point and keep rotating it to the other side. Sure you can do it but it's not supposed to be done.

After a day or so of usage the slider part of the holdster started to come apart where it slides together.

All in all for the price I feel the clip is on the cheap side.

4. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Wow. I've had mine for months and haven't had a problem. I do agree the belt clip part doesn't clip all the way especially when you have a thick belt. But other than that mine has been really good to me.

Sad to say this but you might have had a defective one.

5. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does the speck pixelskin HD fit in this? Thanks

6. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

it fits perfect, so does the griffin elan case, and incase slider.

7. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I just bought mine from eBay from mygearstore for $21 shipped. My first one broke easily while on my belt, so they sent me a new one. for $21, it is worth it and it is nicely made !

8. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I just bought mine from eBay from mygearstore for $21 shipped. My first one broke easily while on my belt, so they sent me a new one. for $21, it is worth it and it is nicely made !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-OxHxNorcU