Speck iPhone 5 cases in the UK

twiggy0

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
They're available at the apple store in the USA, so it's possible that they have them at the apple stores over there. Might be worth checking out.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I got one off eBay.

It is clearly fake so I sent it back.

Beware!

Just priced up for Speck to deliver me one direct but comes close to £40.

Dino F

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Why don't you get them directly from Speck's website? I ordered a Speck Candyshell grip last Friday, and had it delivered, by FedEx, and received it by the Monday.

Can't get quicker delivery than that....! ;)

NickRno77

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Why don't you get them directly from Speck's website? I ordered a Speck Candyshell grip last Friday, and had it delivered, by FedEx, and received it by the Monday.

Can't get quicker delivery than that....! ;)
That's ok if money's no object and you don't mind paying international postage, FedEx handling charges, vat and duty.

Amazon uk have a few in stock.

Dino F

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
That's ok if money's no object and you don't mind paying international postage, FedEx handling charges, vat and duty.

Amazon uk have a few in stock.
When I ordered mine from Speck directly, it cost $33 for the case + $20 for FedEx to deliver to the UK. Converted to sterling that's about £33 altogether which (didn't have to pay anything else), if I am honest, will be hard to beat from anywhere else for the same case ( Candyshell Grip in my case).

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
They're available at the apple store in the USA, so it's possible that they have them at the apple stores over there. Might be worth checking out.
ah, my Apple store only has two cases and they are clear plastic :( Good to know more are finally coming!

NickRno77

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
When I ordered mine from Speck directly, it cost $33 for the case + $20 for FedEx to deliver to the UK. Converted to sterling that's about £33 altogether which (didn't have to pay anything else), if I am honest, will be hard to beat from anywhere else for the same case ( Candyshell Grip in my case).
If you read @mushed post in another thread he was sent a bill from fedex for handing and tax after delivery, few days I think?

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/15968019/

Scrap what I said before FedEx just sent me a bill for £20 tax and duties! Not impressed! :(

Dino F

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
If you read @mushed post in another thread he was sent a bill from fedex for handing and tax after delivery, few days I think?

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/15968019/
Yea I did read that post, funnily enough. A little strange how he got an additional bill from FedEx and I didn't. I think it's total pot luck IMO. I've ordered other cases from the U.S. - sometimes I get billed additional charges by Customs and other times not.

Weird....!!! :S

Dino F

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Yea I did read that post, funnily enough. A little strange how he got an additional bill from FedEx and I didn't. I think it's total pot luck IMO. I've ordered other cases from the U.S. - sometimes I get billed additional charges by Customs and other times not.

Weird....!!! :S
Update - dam it!!!!! Thought I had escaped this, but what happens today? I letter from FedEx - and inside, a nice 'Customs & Duty' invoice for £14:80...!!!! :(

Looks like I won't be ordering any more cases from the U.S. any time soon!!!!

NickRno77

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Hertfordshire, UK
Update - dam it!!!!! Thought I had escaped this, but what happens today? I letter from FedEx - and inside, a nice 'Customs & Duty' invoice for £14:80...!!!! :(

Looks like I won't be ordering any more cases from the U.S. any time soon!!!!
That's a shame, pitty they didn't send it by USPS and value the item below duty minimum, I would complain :mad:

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
The Vodaphone shop I visited had speck cases. In fact they seemed to have the best selection of decent brands (speck, switcheasy, incipio, Otterbox, etc). Most phone shops just had overpriced generic crap.

Otherwise amazon or eBay.