Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Just read at ilounge that this is being released shortly. Anyone have it for the 6, and can add any feedback to it? Currently very happy with my white/black grip but really like the look of the mighty shell.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for nothing AE14:D

Now another case to continue to check stock on. These may be a Best Buy exclusive for a while like the other Mightshells were.

I was going to buy one when I had my 6 but it was hard to spend $50 for another black case when I had my CS grip. I almost did once with 10% movers coupon at Best Buy.

I really liked the feel and that the back wouldn't scratch. I also liked that the lip seemed deeper and wouldn't make the screen protector look so bad.

The white/grey looks nice on the ilounge page. If I remember correctly, I lounge had a review for the 6 at least 2 months before they were in stores. I have also seen Best Buy stock items that aren't even on Specks website yet in the past.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Thanks for nothing AE14:D

Now another case to continue to check stock on. These may be a Best Buy exclusive for a while like the other Mightshells were.

I was going to buy one when I had my 6 but it was hard to spend $50 for another black case when I had my CS grip. I almost did once with 10% movers coupon at Best Buy.

I really liked the feel and that the back wouldn't scratch. I also liked that the lip seemed deeper and wouldn't make the screen protector look so bad.

The white/grey looks nice on the ilounge page. If I remember correctly, I lounge had a review for the 6 at least 2 months before they were in stores. I have also seen Best Buy stock items that aren't even on Specks website yet in the past.

I resisted long enough. Picked up the MS in grey/black yesterday. I like it just as much as my CS grip. I hope when the BB exclusive ends they make a few more colors...... don't like the blue surrounding the screen.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I resisted long enough. Picked up the MS in grey/black yesterday. I like it just as much as my CS grip. I hope when the BB exclusive ends they make a few more colors...... don't like the blue surrounding the screen.

Are you talking for the 6? Just want to make sure that the 6 plus isn't out yet or I am going to have to go take a drive. :)

AE14

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
There are now YouTube videos on it, but can't seem to find a store that's carrying it.

Ourphones

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2015
How much thicker is the MS vs CS grip?
Advantages of MS are more protection and case back that doesn't show scratches?

AE14

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
How much thicker is the MS vs CS grip?
Advantages of MS are more protection and case back that doesn't show scratches?

Yes on he benefits. I don't have the actual measurements it from what I have read, the size difference is negligible.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
It does also offer double the drop protection. The interview insaw with the speck rep at CES says it can handle an 8 foot drop.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I'm not digging the look of the MS. It looks bulkier around the perimeter to me, compared to the CS Grip. The CS Grip has a nicer look in my opinion. It doesn't appear the MS will be as grippy as the CS Grip.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
There are a few youtube videos out there right now, and the one thing that will hold me back is that the camera cutout is way too big, almost tech21'ish.

One of the things I like abou the CS grip is the small, pill shaped camera cutout. Hate seeing antenna lines

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
There are a few youtube videos out there right now, and the one thing that will hold me back is that the camera cutout is way too big, almost tech21'ish.

One of the things I like abou the CS grip is the small, pill shaped camera cutout. Hate seeing antenna lines

Do you suppose they made the camera cutout big because the back of the case is thick and they wanted to avoid flash issues?

Kristin

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I saw a Speck video on CS Grip and it was eye-rolling seeing them claim how easy on and off the case is.

I thought the same. Haha!

I took it off today to install a glass protector and it's as tight as ever. I'm fine with it, but it could be a nerve-racking experience for someone who thinks their phone will bend if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction. :D

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I contacted Speck and they said the reviewers signed up at CES in January. They said no time table for retail sales. Just keep checking emails.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.