Speck of dust under screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by trippingchris, Jul 22, 2009.

1. trippingchris macrumors newbie

I have a spec of dust under the screen of my iPhone 3GS that I bought yesterday. I saw it last night and it started to bug me. It's overly noticeable but whenever I watch a video or go to a white webpage it's really irritating. My eye is drawn toward the speck. I called Apple and they said to make an appointment and will determine if they will replace it. The thing is the nearest Apple store is a 2 hour drive and I don't want to drive there for no reason. Is this an issue where I can get my phone exchanged or should I not bother?

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I know they're not the same product, but the screen is a lot alike. My MacBook got dust in the screen and they replaced it for free. (The screen, anyway).
    I know it's not the best answer, but I hope it helps and all goes well. :apple::apple:

3. davyreins macrumors 6502

When I had dust under my screen they only replaced the screen. However, sometimes they will replace the entire phone. I don't think I've heard of people have too many problems exchanging it for dust under screen as it is usually pretty noticeable.

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Call back, tell them it's too far to drive, and you'd like to do an advance replacement. They'll send you out a replacement via FedEx Overnight, and you simply pop out your SIM, stick it in the new phone, and send the old one right back.

5. trippingchris thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally got a chance to go to the Apple store. They replaced my screen and all was well. When I got home I noticed I have the same exact problem again but in a different spot :(:(:(