Speck or Incase hardshell case?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DiSFLyLaTiNa, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DiSFLyLaTiNa macrumors regular

I have a black macbook and I want to get a hardshell for it. I wanted a purple one but I can't seem to find one made by incase, even though i've seen them at apple.com before. anways, and I did find one by speck. and i wanted to know which one is better, since i've read a few threads on how dissapointed people were that Incase doesn't make one for the Aluminum macbook, yet.

2. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I've heard that some people have had problems with speck cases SCRATCHING THE **** out of their macs. So... I would go with the incase, but search around a little bit more.

I just remember people complaining, but now with the NEW speck cases for the NEW macbook, they have fixed the problem. I think.

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have the Incase for my wifes macbook (whitebook) and it's very good and she likes it a lot.
    For the new macbooks the speck cases are great

4. DiSFLyLaTiNa thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, that's what i was thinking. i might go with the incase. even though i can't find a purple one!!!

5. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

OP I searched around also, nothing on the Purple incase. I could only find purple Macbook pro 15", and 17" cases. You SURE it was the 13" macbook?

6. DiSFLyLaTiNa thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i saw it last month on the apple site. there is even a review and someone mentions they got the purple one. grrr. i should've bought it sooner. oh well. incase has a red one that looks really good too, right?

7. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

Yeah, I think it will look good with your Black Macbook. :D

8. DiSFLyLaTiNa thread starter macrumors regular

alright i will be ordering that red one! thanks everyone! it does look like the incase design is better than the speck design.

dang, but it's so expensive!!

9. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

she has a purple one also, she had a hard time but we did order it from Apple.com

10. DiSFLyLaTiNa thread starter macrumors regular

was it a long time ago? or do you think they're just out of stock for now and they'll have more later? I should go into an apple store and find out.

11. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

About 2 months ago and I'm on Incases site now and I don't see the purple. I was at the 1 Apple store in Schaumburg,IL a few weeks ago an they had them. You can try Ebay also.

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

13. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Definately incase. The new matte speck cases aren't so bad, but they're for the new MB/MBP line only. Stay away from the glossy speck cases. They're notorious for scratching...

14. DiSFLyLaTiNa thread starter macrumors regular

okay. I ordered the red incase case. thanks guys.

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Just be careful putting on the bottom part. If you put it on and the Mag-Safe pug doesn't attach right, the case isn't on right.