Speck PixelSkin HD (Version 3) Video Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scarboy6693, Sep 16, 2010.

1. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

3. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

It is fixed.

#1 - Bad Camera Cutout
    #2 - Hard to Push buttons and really stiff material, fixed camera cutout
    #3 - Same material as first one, but with the cutout of the second one

4. Knightshade macrumors member

To me, fixed would be the material and camera cutout of the second one but the button-ease of the first one.

I've got #2 (free case program) and #1 (warranty replacement from Speck because the buttons suck on #2).

I'm waiting now for them to ship my replacement for THAT replacement since it causes the flash issue.

I imagine it'll be #3... but it sucks because I prefer the tighter fit and more protective feel of the #2 case, I just hate that the lock button needs a sledgehammer to press.

5. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

email from speck when i asked for the 3rd version

6. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I can't believe they are sending out replacements for something that was free.

7. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Just because it was free doesn't mean manufacture warranty doesn't apply. There was a legitimate defect on their cases and they are doing the correct thing by replacing it.

8. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, then the material may be from the second one, because it fits really tightly

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It was free for iP4 owners. It wasn't free for Apple. Apple paid Speck for the cases.

In other words -- say someone gives you an iPod for your birthday. It malfunctions 2 days later. Should Apple not replace it for you because the iPod did not cost YOU anything?

10. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

Just got my replacement of the free one from the case program. Its perfect now. Not as hard at the messed up one and is really easy to put on.

11. princesultan macrumors regular

piss poor reasoning.

12. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I didn't say I agreed or disagreed w/ it, just that I was surprised they were doing it. 'Cuz in another thread someone got a case that was scratched and was told there would be no returns or exchanges w/ the free case program. Guess they were misinformed.

13. princesultan macrumors regular

i misunderstood your post then. yah, well it makes sense on their end, because as already stated, they were paid on these cases. speck isn't a charity, they're getting paid on these "free" cases. probably not as much as what they're going for in stores (they probably put some sort of bid in), but they're still getting paid on these.

14. Knightshade macrumors member

Just to confirm- got my 3rd case today.

It is indeed the more flimsy material of the first one with the flash cutout of the second.

It's not bad or anything, it's just the "hard button" case was significantly more solid and felt like it'd protect the phone better and was snugger on the sides as well as less flimsy on the bottom cross-piece above the dock connector.

15. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup, I had that issue with a fitted case, they sent me a replacement and now all good. It came from the free case program too :D

16. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Whaddaya, know ... got a shipped notice from Apple today.

17. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

nice, should be there by monday :). At least that's what I'm guessing. I live close to where they ship the cases from, so I usually get them in about 1 day

18. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

I'm getting mine monday :D can't wait! been using a defective iSkin Solo for now... Ironically, I'm also getting my free Solo replacement monday too lol.

19. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

The iskin solo was horrible IMO. I like the PSHD, GeoMetric and NGP a ton better

20. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the views guys, The vid just got accepted for adsense