Speck PixelSkin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iMetalG5, Jul 1, 2010.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

For anyone curious about the Speck PixelSkin here are some pics (sorry for the linty-ness). I have a full Zagg on my i4 and I'm unsure if the fitting is a tad off or if its the Zagg creating the slight fit issue. As you can see it bows a tad on the left hand side. The top cut out for the earphone jack/mic seems slightly off. But everything else is fine. Again maybe its my Zagg that makes it go slightly off centered.

Its not a bad case. It seems to have decent drop protection and it has a lay-on-the-table-design. The inside is smooth/soft. I bet a lot of dust will enter the back though. As with other silicone cases it catches lint/debris. I do think the little square design on the back is neat. Volume buttons and sleep/wake button are easily activated. I think the pattern offers a tad grip but not much. In the pocket "holstering" and "drawing" seem smooth.

The PixelSkin HD seems to be the one I'm more curious about.

I still feel the CandyShell is the case to get if you are looking for good drop protection and style. Sure it adds bulk but the case in my opinion is phenomenal.

Attached Files:

2. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

some more pics

Attached Files:

3. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

4. hidefguy macrumors 6502

Looks like the phone got hit with a waffle iron.

5. phx macrumors member

Sorry to dupe your post, it wasn't up when I started writing.

6. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no prob... yeah its a decent case. But again I feel Speck's flagship case is the CandyShell.

Waffle Iron, hahahaha

7. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

can this post be merged with phx PixelSkin Review post?