Speck PixelSleeve for 13" Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by JMies419, Feb 12, 2012.

1. JMies419 macrumors 6502

I have been looking for a new sleeve for my 13" MacBook Air and came across the Speck PixelSleeve. There does not seem to be many reviews or good pictures of the sleeve online other than from Speck so I was wondering if anyone has this sleeve and could comment on it and post pictures if possible. It looks pretty good from what I have seen and I am thinking of ordering one from amazon to replace my old incase sleeve that I have been using for the past 6 years (used it with my old white 13" MacBook as well). Here is a link to the product from Speck's site.

https://www.speckproducts.com/accessories/laptop-bags/pixelsleeve-for-macbook-air.html

2. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

That sleeve looks really nice.

3. JMies419 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think so too. Amazon has them for about $25, I think I am going to order one tomorrow. I will do a full review when I receive it I was just hoping for some info before ordering but I think I will go ahead and get it either way. I am going to order a black one. Thinking about getting the black pixelskin HD iphone 4s case to match :cool:

4. calvol macrumors 6502a

I would get the Radtech sleeve for $19. I had Speck's hardcase, totally useless junk.

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I actually had this sleeve and returned it. I personally didn't like it. It was difficult to get my Air in and out since there's no dedicated opening via zipper or magnetic lock or velcro or anything. It's just a slip, and a lip that covers the slip, so taking it out required stretching the lip opened.

After a few days of use, the lip starting to get a little loose, and looked like it would get worse over longer use. I promptly returned it for a full refund.

EDIT: Also wanted to mention that holding that sleeve was uncomfortable. The sleeve "slid" and bunched up a little when carrying it, and just didn't give you a feeling of a nice, solid grip.

Got this instead and love it, if you're curious what I ended up with: http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Leather-Macbook-Messenger-Protective/dp/B000NWHROM

6. No-Me macrumors 6502a

Somehow the speck cases always feel kind of cheap. One thing that they did understand is getting rid of the zipper. I've been using a Joli Originals sleeve for a long time now, not the cheapest sleeve out there, but I think it's ok for a handmade leather sleeve and it still looks really good. Before this I always had neoprene sleeves (or a foofbag), also ok, but the zipper always scratched the MacBooks a little too much :)

7. JMies419 thread starter macrumors 6502

Received my 13" Speck PixelSleeve in black, LOVE IT! Awesome sleeve, fits my MacBook Air like a glove!