Speck Presidio Clear + JB iP7

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by helloitsjackk, Oct 3, 2016.

1. helloitsjackk macrumors newbie

helloitsjackk

Does anyone have a Jet Black iPhone 7/7+ and use a Speck Presidio? Verizon says my phone is shipping October 12th and I don't know if I should get a different case. TIA!

2. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Hi Jack! I don't have a Jet Black iPhone but there seems to be an issue with the Jet Black phones and the Presidio Clear. I've seen references to it on Amazon and I had a viewer mention it to me as well. Speck may be working to update the Presidio Clear to resolve this issue, so you might want to contact them for updates. In the meantime, if you are curious to see the Presidio Clear on a matte black iPhone 7 Plus, here is my review:

Good luck!

Kristin

3. helloitsjackk thread starter macrumors newbie

helloitsjackk

Thanks so much!

4. exchguy macrumors regular

I have this case and JB 7+. I can confirm that the fit is extremely tight and takes a lot of effort to get this case on and off. Maybe the JB finish adds a few MM and creates this issue. I bought mine at Best Buy and will be returning. This is disappointing for a $45 case.

5. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I somehow doubt that the phone is any bigger, but perhaps this issue is due to the fact that the Jet Black phone is less slippery than the other colors, and the inside of the sides of the Presidio Clear are kind of tacky and make it hard to slide your phone in. This is far, far better than with the CandyShell Clear, when it was a real struggle, but it is still a little different feeling that with most cases...Just speculating here, as I don't have a Jet Black...

6. exchguy macrumors regular

Good point, and like you said in your review the inside is tacky so probably makes it stick. I called Speck and they were aware of the JB challenges in taking the case off/on. The recommended using clear dish soap. I would be curious to see if any of the other Clear case offerings like Otterbox Symmetry, Tech21, or the Spigen fare any better than this case. Obviously going Clear has trade offs.

7. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

In my experience, the Presidio Clear is the only one that has the slightly tacky interior sides that would cause this issue...

8. Cogsworth, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016

Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

I got the Presidio Clear before my JB 7+ arrived, I was never able to get the case on even after several tries. I don't know if it has to do with the tackiness of the case and grip of the JB finish, the case is just too small, or the case sides are too stiff. Maybe a combination of all these. I've never had a case with sides that stiff. Besides the fit, it is not really clear it is actually frosted so the JB won't show through anyway. Terrible product and deceptive marketing especially for a $45 case. I promptly returned mine and left a negative review on Amazon.

9. helloitsjackk thread starter macrumors newbie

helloitsjackk

I decided to just pick up the  battery case. Hopefully Speck will refund my money or send me a new case.