SPECK PRESIDIO CLEAR vs. OTTERBOX SYMMETRY CLEAR - IPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Apple One, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Apple One macrumors member

Looking for a strong protection clear and overall best case for my matte black iPhone 7. Besides the 2 listed if you anyone know of better please tell me.

But besides that, the case must be fully clear transparent and have strong protection. Which out of the 2 above listed is better? The Speck or the Otterbox?
    Anyone know?

2. democracyrules macrumors 6502

Do not buy both. Both are not truly clear and a kind of grainy. I do not recommend Clear Case Speck as it is a tough and very difficult to put and take phone in and out as it possibly could damage your phone. The material used to make the case is awful. I returned my case.
    The otterbox symmetry is not clear and grainy.

That is my two cents. I use otterbox statements manufactured for apple and love it. 2/3 is truly clear on the back and 1/3 is covered by leather. Check it out if you like it. It has protected my phone when my phone fell.

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Finding a case that is ACTUALLY CLEAR is fairly impossible. If they're totally clear, they leave weird marks on the back of the phone. You could try a skin if you wanted to protect from scratches, but still see the back of the phone clearly.

4. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

How about the Spigen Crystal Shell Clear. That seems fully transparent with protection.

5. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

Anyone have the Spigen Crystal Shell (color: Space Crystal) on the matte black iPhone 7? If you do can you please post some pictures of it as I wanna see how it looks on phone. Thanks.

6. Taisiya macrumors regular

based on the reviews that I've read, both have been reported to turn yellow after just a few weeks. That's the only thing holding me back. Then again, having dealt with both companies previously, they are very good about replacing items under warranty.

I've only payed with the Otterbox one at Best Buy. They didn't have the Speck clear one in stock. The backside of the Speck clear one is apparently more slippery than the Otterbox.

7. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

What is the cause of the clear case to turn yellow? Is there a way to keep that from happening or decrease from happening?

8. Taisiya macrumors regular

the soft TPU part turns yellow as a result of being exposed to UV light from the sun.

9. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

Thanks T,

Hmmm... so yellowing is caused from direct sunlight shining on the case? Once this happen is the yellowing really noticeable or you have to look closely to see the yellowing? Anyone have pictures of the worse yellowing they have got from clear cases?

Thanks.

10. Taisiya macrumors regular

I've also had clear cases that turn light brown in the corners.

There are many examples like this:

https://www.google.com/search?as_st...tesearch=&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

11. Apple One thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone know if the Spigen Crystal Shell case turns yellow or does not?

12. Taisiya macrumors regular

Yes. Spigen also send out free replacements extremely quickly if you let them know about the case turning yellow.

13. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Otterbox symmetry clear are good for the silver, gold and the rose gold.

Here's a link below to a review on several clear cases.