Speck Products Hard Case Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aaron.lee2006, May 20, 2007.

1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I don't think anyone has asked this before but anyway. When my replacement MBP comes in I want to be careful with it. I am going to order a Speck Case from either Speck or eBay. How does the case work? It says it works with Core Duo and Core 2 Duo. Core 2 Duo models have that extra FireWire 800 port. Does everything still fit?

Also is it a good deal to order one from eBay at like $2 CAD and pay $22 CAD for shipping?

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yes it is a good deal but who is selling the for 2 i am looking for one too...

3. aaron.lee2006 thread starter macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Just search Speck MacBook Pro in eBay search and you will get results. They are auctions starting at 1 cent. Shipping is like $22

4. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

Not a good investment IMO. It eventually get's too scratched and little particles might get stuck in-between your Mac and harcase. It also takes away from the elegance of your Mac.

5. dcains macrumors regular

I've got a black Speck case for my 15" MacBook Pro, and I'm more than happy with it. Sure, it's going to collect some scratches, that's the point. My MBP is only a month old. but when I want to upgrade, maybe in a year or two, the buyer will get one that's been well cared for and will likely be willing to pay a slight premium. I've also got an iSkin keyboard cover and Moshi protection for the palmrest/trackpad. Seems like a great investment to protect a $2.5K notebook.

6. El Cid macrumors member

El Cid

A few week ago I ordered two of those Speck cases for .99 + shipping on eBay. They were not compatible with the Firewire 800 port. Spec does make a compatible case (they started to November of last year), but one of the reasons those cases are so inexpensive on eBay is most likely what I discovered. On the positive side, I am good with a Dremel tool and just modified mine to work.