Speck Products ShieldView Anti-Glare - Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 007bond, Oct 5, 2010.

1. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

Just bought a pack of these with my order on MyGearStore. They were only $10 and I had 30% off, so I said what the heck. Has anyone used them yet? How are they? Do they mess up the retina display?

2. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

i got a pack free with my PixelSkin and hated them. it took me all three screens to get a decent installation..and once ti got it on there, the matte finish really washed out the screen.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Personally, I didn't like them. Since they're anti-glare, they do affect the retina display. Not a whole lot but definitely noticeable. Not sure if yours are the same but mine had the bar style cutout for the front camera which I didn't like.

4. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Basically get what you pay for here. I have purchased a set of these for the back protector. I tried the front shield and it was decent but not to the level of the PS.

5. mpdonlanjr macrumors newbie

they deff wash out the display and make it look blurry. Also they are nearly impossible to install i had to spray my phone with glass cleaner to get a good install

Deff a lot happier with my phatomskinz considering i can get 2 for less shipped then the speck anti-glares

6. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

Eh, for $10 dollars they sound ok. I am getting another case with a screen protector(clear) so I guess I will use that and the back protection from the speck.

7. 007bond thread starter macrumors 6502a

007bond

I've been using them for a while, and they get really scratched up. I just burnt through my last one. I'm thinking about a power support clear one this time...