Speck RMBP Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BowieSalvatore, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BowieSalvatore macrumors newbie

Now here's something you should not be buying. I've been shopping around lately for protection for my RMBP. I got it when it first got released last year and since then, I've been getting minor scratches on it even though I haven't been using it much. Anyway, here's the thing, I bought a Speck case, I think it's the SeeThru, but not really sure, anyway, I got home, snapped it on, and it never came off. This may sound like a good thing, but it's not, honestly... It clings onto your mac, and when you wanna take it out to clean the dust underneath, you'll have to force it out and end up scratching the aluminium body. I know most people have posted very good reviews about Speck cases, but this is a personal experience, and for those of you thinking about getting one, think, if you wanna get it out from time to time, DON'T GET A SNAP-ON CASE. I don't think it's just Speck, because the same thing happens to my iPhone, I buy a case, snap it on, and all of a sudden I see these scratches on the aluminium part...

2. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

There must be something wrong with your case, because I can remove mine pretty easily. I used to have the black color and recently changed to the Pomodoro left and removal and re-installation was pretty easy.