Speck Satin See-thru Macbook Pro 13" case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chuckflip53, May 21, 2010.

1. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX040ZM/A

I was just wondering how this case fared in:

1. durability
    2. will the case itself cause any sort of internal scratches on the macbook pro?

also, in terms of CASES for the macbook pro, which cases, in your opinion, would be a superior case to the Spec Satin see-thru one?

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I've used Incase ones on all my Mac's or Apple Prodcuts. Theyre the best IMO. nice feel, good protection, not too much weight added.

3. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

+1 for Incase.

4. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Used Speck SeeThru and the fit is immaculate.

5. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Perfect. Also, don't listen when people tell you dust will be like sandpaper. I've neglected to clean my case for months, not a scratch.

6. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

also for some strange reason Specks case only has vents for half of the bottom versus Incase having all the holes punched out idk but to me it sounds like a better product to purchase.

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

There's no temp difference, in my experience, with or without the Speck case. However, when doing the MOST processor AND GPU intensive processes, you will hear the case lightly creak every now and then as it expands.

8. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Bodygaurdz ftw

http://www.bodyguardz.com/content/accessories/6-41--1977.htm

I've done tons of reviews, and it's better then Zaggs invisible shield because it doesn't feel as thick and grippy and it doesn't have the orange peel effect. I would go with this rather then a speck case cause I wouldn't like the excess material (even if it's minimal). Plus you'll be able to have the natural look of the aluminum.

And as for a case, go with the http://store.apple.com/us/product/TW207ZM/A incase nylon sleeve. I have it, it secures your mbp from scratches (especially from the zipper when closing it with your mbp inside) and it has 3 pouches, 2 small ones for your battery pack, usbs, cell phone etc. and a big pouch on the back for thin notebooks/folders/papers etc. Has handles if you want to hold it, and a detachable shoulder strap if you want to look sophisticated :p

9. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

It might look better but Zagg offers the best protection...wrapsol is a nice 1 too but again zagg is more protective

10. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I've just put a purple speck satin on mine. I love it so far. But its only been about 2 days so I couldn't really answer anything. The fit is great though and I haven't noticed my computer running hot. Of course I don't do a lot of things that usually make it run hot.

11. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

I wouldn't get the black satin again.
    Fingerprint Magnet.

12. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

YES! I forgot to mention that. Finger prints are very annoying! The lighter colors don't show them as horribly though.

13. AndrewCjDuong macrumors member

I want to get the red one buy I don't know where to find it under $60 bucks. I live in Canada... anyone got a suggestion?

14. macbookpro13 macrumors member

I had that case but I returned it for a few reasons.

1. It made the macbook run hotter
    2. It made it noticeably heavier and thicker
    3. The case smudges up really easily, giving it a nasty dirty look
    4. It's a pain in the *** to take off

I just keep my 13" Pro bare and put it in the incase sleeve when taking it around. Now that is a great product.