Speck SeeThru 13" Case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, May 22, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I already have an incase neoprene sleeve for my 13" and kind of have been considering getting a green speck (which i can hardly find anywhere I think it's been discontinued but easily is the best color imo).

I found a reseller online that has it, and I'm considering going for it. can you chime in for how the case is? I've heard over time it scratches the body. I mostly like the look and am not paranoid about casing the body itself (never have with a laptop, and I've been fine). advice? help?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Will this case cause scratches? I've heard it does, but how about if I get the green speck and always store it in my incase neoprene sleeve when travelling?

I just really like the green look, makes
    the computer look spiffy. Not as OCD or concerned about protection (already have that travel sleeve)

4. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

I have a 15" Speck SeeThru and its an immaculate fit. I've had a Speck ST on my 2007 MBP as well and it never scratched it. You can safely buy it, IMO. What color do you like ?

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

The discontinued lime green one looks the best IMO.

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

They discontinued the green ? That's so sad ! The green and aqua are the best two colors, I feel. I have the green and its just lovely. Earns me a lot of praise too.

7. versacenl macrumors newbie

review for the Speck SeeThru 13" Case

Hey there,

The Speck SeeThu 13" Case is the best fit etc. etc. for the 13" MBP and MB, but there is always chance for e.g. sand to get in between and the it will scratch. Unless you clean in between every now and then, you'll be fine, it is better than no protection at all or even the slip cases. I think it is worth the money.

Kind regards,

D.

8. weezer160 macrumors regular

I agree that it does provide reasonable protection. However, it also makes the laptop a bit more heavy and larger in its dimensions. Our polycarbonate MacBook was realtively scratched up around the sides, as well as the bottom part. Overall, it was worth it because it protected it against some pretty huge things like my daughter rubbing cracked egg shells over the laptop.

Just clean it as suggested above. I wish I had done so and maybe the scratches wouldn't have been such an issue.

9. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Any way you guys with the green Speck can post some pictures?

10. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I have the incase neoprene as well. It's by far the best way to travel with the laptop. However I wanted a speck case. I had a speck a few years back and ended up returning it as dust would get under it and cause minor blemishes with the plastic on metal rubbing. Speck has come up with a solution to put rubber feet to separate the plastic and metal now, so there's actually a tiny air gap between the metal and plastic case. Great for air cooling and eliminates the scratch issue.

My only issue is it does, like any case you put on, increase the dimensions of the macbook pro. It makes it feel a bit chunkier... but with that comes the protection. The current Generation of Speck cases come on and off super easy so no worries of taking it on and off regularly like previous versions.

My experience. Hopefully it helps.

11. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

A couple of mine are here.

12. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

13. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Me ? Mine is 15"...