Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xgfx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Just got my 4S, like most of you I'm sure. Tried the Speck SeeThru in-store and it was exactly what I was looking for. Clear (or semi-clear), not silicone but not hard plastic, discrete branding, not too thick, but also provides a decent lip on the front for drop protection. A bit too demanding? possibly.

But it was not to be. It was designed for the original iPhone 4, and the rocker/mute buttons were messed up. Probably could have cut it, but resent spending that much money to then butcher it.

So, any suggestions for cases will fit the 4S that are similar to it?

speck-seethru-clear-iphone-4.jpg

orijin

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
i have a clear speck see thru case, i actually have several cases i switch around for my iphone 4 and iphone 4s, the clear speck case is definetly not one of my favorites as it scratches easily and you can easily see dirty and dust i the case. Not a case i would recommend it was nice when I first got it but not after a while.

xgfx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Oh, that's a shame :/

I'm not too fussed about the case scratching, as long as it's protecting the phone. Do like the idea of a slightly frosted (white?) case which would hide scratches better.

xgfx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Super bump. Just had a response from an email I sent Speck. They're going to be releasing a new case in the next month(ish) similar to the SeeThru, called Gemshell. I assume, given the name that it will (hopefully) be a range of clear / semi-transluscent Candyshell style cases :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.