Speck SeeThru Hard Case for 17" or other sizes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SpaceJello, May 11, 2007.

1. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

Hey anyone have had experienced with this? I am curious what are people's experience, i have searched around, just curious if it is significantly larger and heavier. Does it scratch?

http://www.speckproducts.com/for-macbook17.html

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I have one on my 15" MacBook Pro, it's pretty nice and prevents all the scratching from effecting the MacBook Pro's case. Although the SeeThru case is pretty scratched up after a couple weeks of usage. I haven't really noticed my MacBook Pro being significantly larger or heavier though.

3. juanm macrumors 65816

What about temperatures? Are the vent openings enough? :)

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I haven't really noticed a temperature increase, although I don't usually pay attention to that as I use my MacBook Pro on a laptop cooling pad. (mainly for the built in mouse pad though.) After a couple minutes of basic web browsing, email, and word processing the temperature is about 116F according to SMCfancontrol with the fans on 4000RPM.

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

I have the clear version for my 15".

It runs probably 1-2 C hotter than normal. The plastic wrapped around the aluminum obviously retains some heat, not just CPU/GPU, but HDD and SuperDrive heat (where there are no slits in the plastic).

Other than that, i find the MBP much easier to grip with the case than without. Screen tilt decrease resulting from the plastic in between is negligible. I wish build quality were better, especially for a product with an MSRP of 50 dollars. (got mine for 34 shipped from ebay). Looks like speck removed part of the mold for the "updated" c2d version. They didnt take the time to make individual ports which i thought was half-a**ed.

but overall, the peace of mind that my computer for the most pat is protected form scratches is worth it. I can have it on my lap and not have to worry about my belt buckle or my keys scratching the bottom case. The rubber feet on the case give the MBP a death grip on the table, and i have to lift the mbp up and reposition it (also good cause i'm paranoid about those thin feet wearing out on the MBP). the MBP with the case fits no problem in my marware sportfolio.