Speck SeeThru + MusicSkins = WIN

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by techdude6693, Feb 3, 2011.

1. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

So I got my Speck SeeThru recently, and I wanted to see if it would work with the music skins I got at MacWorld. Well the combo turned out really well and I think it gives a good amount of protection while still giving your device a unique look

[​IMG]

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

that looks pretty cool, is that clear see thru the same as the satin just without the satin finish?

3. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea pretty much and it has a glossy finish

4. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

The SeeThru is a littel stiffer than the Satin. The Satin has more overall play which to me makes it easier to get on and off.

While I don't like that particualr skin, the new thought of throwing on a Batman log oor something nerdy like that now has me intrigued.

5. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've noticed that, The seethru is pretty tight, and the satin I have has a bit of play.

6. rickreiko macrumors newbie

Thats really sweet. Does the see thru case scratch up at all? This switch easy nude I have looks like crap after a week.

7. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

how are the buttons on that case or does it have cutouts.

8. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

@weisjt - there's rubber buttons on the case, its just like the satin. Although these were a bit easier to hit than the satin's buttons

@rickreiko - It scratches a bit, but nowhere nearly as bad as the nude

9. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

The buttons actually feel about the same as the Candyshell though a little less stiff. I believe it is the same material.

10. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

IMO I'd say it scratches up just as quick as the nude, maybe not as bad but definitely ugly and noticable. I had the case for 3 hrs and it already looked like garbage from scratches just from normal use. You can say that case went back the next day. Very disappointing, overall I love the case if it didn't scratch, that would probably be my perfect case. So I ordered the satin model, hoping it's just like the speck see thru clear but just satin like it says.

11. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

that sucks to hear i was thinking of a million options for this case but i cant stand scratches that show up on clear cases

12. reebs macrumors 6502

Thanks for the idea techdude. Going to try this with my gelaskins. Did you use this with a front screen protector and did it fit? All clear cases scratch up easily unless it's the power support case and it's not cheap and you can't use a skin with it. I change cases very often so even if it scratches no biggee to me.

13. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I had a front screen protector on the phone