Speck SeeThru Satin for MBPr

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nemrod, Sep 27, 2013.

1. nemrod macrumors member

nemrod

Hi,

I'm interesting in buying Speck SeeThru Satin shell for my MBR 15 but i'm a bit worried about it.

Is there any risk to damage my MBPr, any possible scuff during set-up or removing phases ?

Thanks
    Nemrod

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Not sure about setup or removal, but they tend to attract dust and dirt inside, so you still get scratches. I personally don't use one and just have a neoprene sleeve.

3. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I used it on my 15 inch rMBP and have it on my 13 inch rMBP; great product, no regrets whatsoever.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I do have Speck See thru clear hard case I do see some dust go inside everywhere but it doesn't scruff or scratch at all. :apple:

5. Mikewh macrumors member

I've bought 2 Speck rMBP satin cases and both bottoms of the case broke at the rear brackets. At the time I had light use of the laptop when they broke. I loved the case but hated that 2 cases broke in the same place within 1-2 months of light use. I would not recommend this case due to the flimsy rear brackets on the bottom. read reviews on speck site. They all are about this design flaw.

6. yabot macrumors regular

GET ONE OFF EBAY!!! Sorry for caps, but i got a matte black one off ebay for about £10, as opposed to £40 for essentially the same thing, and you know what? its exactly the same, just doesnt say Speck on it.

7. Mac.User macrumors 6502

I have one I just remove it every few months to clean up anything that got inside it.

8. nemrod thread starter macrumors member

nemrod

Thanks all for your feedbacks.

My point concern the setup, i'm not afraid when setup, i know i need to clean it, but what if i setup/remove it once a week ?

9. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Once a month or even once 6 months is fine.
    The first time removing it hard because the plastic is really hard.
    But after couple tries, it becomes easier to take off.
    But for the first couple times, you need some nails.

10. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

I had that case for my 2012 rMBP and it was absolutely scary taking it off. It fits really tight and the clips do drag along the aluminum as you peel it off but thankfully after some wiping down with a microfibre cloth I didn't actually end up with any scratches. I also found it a bit bulky for my tastes.

For the haswell 2013 rMBP I have now I decided to try out the moshi iGlaze instead. This case is lighter, more understated, less bulky, and easier to take off than my Speck. I don't cringe every time I need to take this off to clean it like I used to do with the Speck. Highly recommended.

11. jonathan.c macrumors newbie

jonathan.c

Keyword: Essentially.

The difference is incredible. Build quality, fit, and materials feel much better than the eBay knock offs. This case is worth the price.

12. yabot macrumors regular

Nah, stop trying to convince yourself buddy, had mine three months now, fits like a glove and is as tough as your one anyday of the week, not a single problem with it, and mine gets dragged to uni and back everyday and has been in a couple of luggage cases as well, so fraid ya wrong buddaaay.

13. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

14. KimJonNumberUn macrumors regular

Moshi iGlaze if its a retina or air.

ALL cases will get dust and stuff, as long as you take it off once and a while to clean the dam thing your good