Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
It's way different from an Incase Snap.
The Seethru satin definitely gives more protection, I have the satin snap and the seethru satin. I really love the protection that the Seethru offers. It has a lay on the table design, and it's like a low end version of the candy shelll.

It's not all that bulky. :)

azelaya84

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
It all depends on what type of case person you may be. I have the satin seethru and the Incase snap out of both of them I prefer the speck seethru but the only major downfall of it is that if you like switching cases offer the soft silicone part starts coming apart from the hard plastic.

nicname

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
are they both made of the same material? i tried my friends incase and it slips in and out of my pocket well. Is this more rubbery? or the same material as the incase

scutts

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Speck SeeThru Satin is made out of 2 materials (TPE and PC) and Incase snap is a PC case.

PC=hard plastic.

nicname

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
hmmm I'm asking if anyone has this case to rate the slip in and out of pocket. Ifound the rubbers on the griffin reveal frame to be impossible to slip in and out and gave up with the case. if this has the same rubber I'll avoid it and pick up the incase instead

racedude

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2010
Carmel, IN
I have the Incase snap and I love it. The rubber/hard case material is enough to have a nice grip, and it won't slide, but I have no problems taking it out of a pocket. It's the same satin material as the Speck Satin cases for my MacBook Pro for example. I love how it doesn't cover too much of the phone, but leaves it protected. Would definitely recommend it, as it protects enough of the phone, but doesn't take away from the beauty of it.

xyfish

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
hmmm I'm asking if anyone has this case to rate the slip in and out of pocket. Ifound the rubbers on the griffin reveal frame to be impossible to slip in and out and gave up with the case. if this has the same rubber I'll avoid it and pick up the incase instead

i am using the Speck see thru satin and the "rubber lip" around the front screen is abit grippy and rubbery. Its not the texture like glossy TPUs.

But then i feel that i have no problem taking out of my jeans pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.