Speck Toughkin case pictures

alukado

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
If you often drop the iPhone more than the iPhone drops the calls then this case is designed for you. The Speck ToughSkin Case is not only tough but also awesome looking, let me give you a brief introduction.

ToughSkin case has 4 different components : holster, soft exterior skin, hard interior skin, screen protector. With the 4 parts, your iPhone would be protected by a awesome “protective system”,

I just quoted some words from other reviews :
1. Falling off a mountain bike at 30 mph onto a rock garden.
2. Falling off onto a concrete road at 25 mph and run over by another bike.
3. Being washed full cycle in a Maytag Neptune washer - Twice! The spin cycle is around 1,200 RPM.
I have dropped my iPhones 2g and 4g models so many times they should be completely destroyed. The Speck cases have never let me down.
Don’t try it yourself you are not that lucky, but at least this case do looks firm.

It won’t be strange if you are very happy to use the hard interior shell as your case since it is perfect fit and grip the iPhone 4 quite tightly, also it covers all the area that needs to be covered while leaving the ports and buttons accessible.

To get the rubber skin on the iPhone you simple slip the bottom portion of the device inside and pull the top portion over it. Now you get double protection; the interior shell is hard and strong while the rubber skin is soft and “bump-proof”. While I would never intentionally drop my phone I can see this system being quite effective when extra protection is needed.

Now if you wish, you can place the iPhone into the holster, nothing can destroy you iPhone 4 from now on.

In all , it lives up to his name, it a highly protective case. Also it is lighter than you think, if you are trying to find a good looking iPhone 4 protective system, this is your first choice.

I would like to thank slickgate.com for sending me a sample to review, they sell it for $13.35 with free shipping.

Here are some pictures :

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Would the belt clip fit on a 2" belt, like the ones police etc use?

Also, can you put it in the belt clip screen side in?

Does it have a built in screen film?

Would be great if they did a bike mount as well, anyone know if they plan too?

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Speck is a good company but the case kind of seems like an Otterbox ripoff. The price is good though, compared to the $50.00 ish Otterbox Defender.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Speck is a good company but the case kind of seems like an Otterbox ripoff. The price is good though, compared to the $50.00 ish Otterbox Defender.
I just got an Otterbox defender for 23.00 shipped from amazon.

zilchie

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2011
hey dude i was about to order one from slickgate but i kinda thought this website sells knock-off goods, fakes and replicas

Is the one you received the real deal or a knock-off? I realized they sell a lot of fake speck stuff? (labelled "No speck" or whatever)