Speck Toughskin for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scutts, Feb 6, 2011.

1. scutts macrumors member

Does anyone have Speck Toughskin for iPhone 4? It keeps saying it's out of stock on Speck website. While I love the way it looks, I'm concerned about the bulk and material. Also, anyone with Oakley case can chime in as well. I'm cross-shopping Speck and Oakley.

Thanks in advance.

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Ive seen a few reviews on this case, but it's still not out yet :mad:

3. TEHi macrumors regular

I'm too waiting for a protective silicon case. Currently there a few in the market but they are ugly: otterbox, trident and skin. I hate their looks.

So im waiting for the speck toughshell, and the toughskin as an alternative. larry greenberg has an review on youtube, it does looks protective, but pretty bulky.

Aluminium cases are no good if you drop your phone a lot.

4. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

Same here. Still wondering how much actual exposed silicone (or if it is the Candyshell style rubber) is on the ToughShell. Also curious of how it goes together. It looks like a snap-together but I haven't actually seen one in person yet.

The ToughSkin looked ok initially but after trying it on my phone I wasn't a huge fan. The rubber was a lint magnet and to me was a little loose. It wasn't going to come off or anything but it was noticable. It actually felt like the Otterbox Impact a little in the sense that it didn't quite fit the phone.

The interior case is basically a smooth version of the Incipio Feather but with more expose bezel. There really is not enough protection to use it on its own in my opinion.

The clip was good though. I am not a clip person (which is why I sent my sample unit back) but it kept the phone pretty locked up while still being easy to get out. As a stand it kind of stunk.

6. ChinaAzzi macrumors regular

On their site the case looks great. Finally an otterbox with style.

7. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

The Toughshell looks like a really nice case.

8. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i am hoping that speck will release their new cases on the tenth with verizon iphone, i want to check out the tough shell and candy shell card case

9. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Look like my post was deleted (I got a warning for simply mentioning that I'd reviewed this case, I didn't even post a link.)

In any case I recently reviewed it and it's a very good alternative to the OttterBox Defender. The fit is superb. I like that you can use the slim snap on back cover piece alone when you want to go light and then put the larger silicone cover on when you need protection. The holster works well too.

In any case I'm done posting here. I understand the need to protect from spammers but there are just too many silly rules preventing us good guys from contributing.

10. RickG macrumors regular

im guessing maybe Speck had to redesign this so it works with the verizon and att models? its still on the website- i have been waiting for both the rugged cases from Speck since CES and there is no indication from anywhere as to when they will be available- I did the "notify me" on their website ... anyone see one at retail??? I will check the att store here in reno..

11. duece73 macrumors newbie

duece73

Emailed Speck asking about availability of the iP4 ToughShell and they replied late April/early May.