Speck Vs. InCase

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Neo110503, May 13, 2008.

1. Neo110503 macrumors regular

2. Willaay macrumors newbie

Willaay

I would go InCase. It looks cooler, the speck just looks weird.

3. jcs1088 macrumors regular

4. JunBug119 macrumors 6502

I vote for Incase! I wanted a black incase for my white macbook but the apple store didn't have it in stock. so, i went for the clear/opaque one :)

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

There is absolutely no competition here. The Incase Hardshell is the hands down winner. I had the Black on my Blackbook and it was the best thing I ever bought for it.
    Top quality, excellent soft touch feel, and fit the Macbook like a glove. I HIGHLY recommend the Incase.
    As for color, that is up to you. I have seen the Black on the White Macbook and it looks great, They now have Blue, along with the Purple and a couple other colors.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I had the Speck clear for about a year and switched to the Incase black about a month or so ago. As far as utility, probably about equal. Looks, feel, integration into the whole MB ethos, definitely Incase.

7. EMILinator macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    I also have a white macbook. Let's say i bought the black one at the apple store, tried it on my macbook, and didn't like it. would i be able to return it for a full refund? or at least exchange it for the white one... :rolleyes:

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

14-day return policy at any Apple Store. Just don't break it. ;)

9. EMILinator macrumors member

hehe well yeah im sure they'll allow me to return it but will they charge me a restocking fee or what?

10. Stokes macrumors regular

My local store only had a red or a black InCase in stock, so I bought the black. I don't like the looks of it on my white MacBook, but I like everything else about it. If I could have the white one, or opaque, I'd have been happier, but I'm certainly not unhappy with it.

I think the black case on a white MacBook is a bit poser-ish... even if the mid level MacBook is virtually the same machine as the Blackbook, and for $100 less than the BlackBook, can be exactly the same.

11. EMILinator macrumors member

I agree. haha we have the same macbook. if i did buy the black one and didnt like it, i would want a full refund..

12. Neo110503 thread starter macrumors regular

13. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I bought my Incase cover the day I bought my MacBook and I love it. The black on white is amazing. It really tricks some people...

14. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I wish there were some good pictures of the red & purple models on white Macbooks. I like the look of the black on white, but would like to see the red and purple on white as well.

15. oliandme macrumors newbie

I saw the incases at an Apple store and although the colors are cool I can't think of a more attractive look for your new aluminum unibody than in a clear Speck and if you use some care and common sense it is easy to put on and take off. The insert does recommend to remove the case periodically to clean as dust particles do settle between the cracks.

16. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

17. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I brought the Speck Satin black, I really like the satin over the clear see thru.

18. omgwtf macrumors newbie

i have a black incase on my whitebook. i really love it a lot and it looks aweseom

19. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I had the Speck, and I just got the Incase. The Incase is much higher quality, and makes it feel and look like a BlackBook.

20. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

incase duhhhhhhh. but seriously, speck cases leave marks, and are impossible to remove.

21. natzsb macrumors newbie

hey everyone,
    i want to buy an incase for my macbook as well, but i was wondering if there's any way to get one without the apple, so that you can see the white apple through the incase?

thanks!

22. Lee Potts macrumors newbie

Incase

I suggest neither because it is ugly and a pain in the butt to have them. It adds extra bulk and takes away from the aesthetics that went into making a macbook a macbook

Taken from my experience of having both, I would suggest the incase over the speck because the speck is complete junk in my opinion. The incase is better looking and constructed better. But like I said, you will eventually hate it.

23. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

24. hitmac macrumors newbie

Incase for sure

I tried both. Go with Incase. Silky finish to it is soooo nice.

25. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*