Speck vs PowerSupport Matte screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by westcoastin, Aug 30, 2011.

?

Which screen protector?

1. PowerSupport

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Speck

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. westcoastin macrumors member

Hi all,

I am interested in purchasing a matte screen protector for my iPad 2 and am considering either the Speck ShieldView Anti-Glare Protective Screen or the PowerSupport HD Anti-Glare film. It seems as though the PowerSupport seems to be the screen protector of choice on the boards, but am curious as to how the Speck compares as far as quality, smudge resistance, screen clarity, and tactile feel is concerned. Your input is appreciated.

2. Vanessa17 macrumors member

I recently had to make the same decision and went with the Speck Anti-Glare. I bought 2 for $19.95 here in Sydney. The price was a deciding factor for me (Power Support was around $35.00 for one) as well as my experiences with the Speck covers I have for my iPhone. I figured there would be a time when I would have to replace the screen protector and $35.00 a pop seemed a little much, especially if I didn't install it well!

I watched a few Youtube reviews and read about them online too. I am very happy with the Speck screen protector, it has a thick feel which I like. It doesn't take away from the whole touch experience and I feel that my screen is well protected. The quality is outstanding and excellent value for money. You almost forget it is there!

3. klondartmouth macrumors newbie

The anti-glare is a great addition to the iPad's screen, both for protection, and -let's face it - browsing in any condition. I use the Speck Anti-Glare and it's worked like a charm. Very good value and a well-paid investment.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I've used the speck on both my previous gen 1 and my ipad 2 and have zero complaints, especially for the price. I use PS AG on my iphone and the quality is VERY close to speck.

5. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I dont have experience with the speck, but I put nothing but the PS HD AG on all my apple products. It is a definite improvement over the non-HD version in terms of clarity and feel. I have never had to replace any of my PS AG protectors so the investment has been worth it.

6. westcoastin, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011

westcoastin thread starter macrumors member

Thanks to all who've responded thus far. Your input has been helpful in making my decision.

To the Powersupport AG users- how would you rate the smudge-resistance property of the film? I've read a few complaints that fingerprints/oils are still very much visible, similar to that of a naked iPad screen.

For those using the Speck AG- I've read that the film causes fuzziness/graininess/blurriness to the point of an unpleasant visual experience. Has anyone here experienced this with their Speck AG?

Again, I'd appreciate any input on this matter.

Thanks,

-westcoastin

7. almostfamous macrumors newbie

I've used two different antiglare/fingerprint screen protectors on my white iPad 2, a cheaper targus one and now the power support hd anti glare. I cant speak to the speck one but it's similar in price to the targus one I used so maybe it's of similar quality. I used my iPad 2 for a while in between with nothing and couldn't stand it. There is definitely a little bit of a "rainbow" effect with any antiglare protector, but with the cheaper one it was barely noticeable, and the power support one you have to be looking for it really hard. Definitely worth it for the antiglare and fingerprint resistance. As for fingerprints, the power support one definitely works better and after using my iPad with and without it, I can never go back. I felt like I constantly had to clean my screen before but now I can work for hours and literally see no fingerprints. Idk who said this screen protector made fingerprints worse but I see an incredible difference! All in all, I liked both, but I did have to replace the other one after a few months because it seemed to get dirt around the edges, hopefully the new one will have a longer lifespan.