Speck's Horrible Customer Service!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by na300zx, Jul 8, 2009.

1. na300zx macrumors member

Ordered a case from Speck and it was cracked in the package. Emailed them about it with pictures and it took over four days and three different emails before they finally responded. I asked them if they could replace it for me and this is the response I got. I must say im pretty disappointed, a thirty dollar case and this is all I get?? So if you order a Speck product, just pray you have no problems. :mad:

Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting Speck Products. I am sorry that the product you received was cracked during shipment. We have discontinued the Lemondrop Liquorice color for the Candyshell covers for iPhone 3Gs. We will be offering new colors (Black/Dark Grey, Aqua/Light Blue, Pink/Light Pink, White/Light Grey and Purple/Light Purple) and they will be available on our website in approximately 2 weeks.

Please accept the following coupon for 10% off your next purchase on the Speck Products website.

Regards,

April

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

That's ridiculous. So your loss bc it was damaged in the package?? :rolleyes:

3. na300zx thread starter macrumors member

Yep, that's pretty much the deal, its basically like saying the product is discontinued so our warranty is void! :confused: They should have at least offered to send me another case.

4. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

5. na300zx thread starter macrumors member

6. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Wow, that's pretty bad service. So in the four days + that it took for you to order and have it delivered, it was discontinued? Sounds mighty suspicious and way too coincidental.

I'd dispute it, because it seems like they simply don't want to help you out.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

wow

that's crazy! Contact Car Company (my new car won't start) we are sorry your new car won't run we just discontinued it! Please accept 10% off your next car purchase from us! and thank you for being ripped off! if you paid via Paypal you can dispute with them as well! let us know how it goes!

8. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Yes, this is very poor customer service indeed.

I can't help but get excited over the fact a Black and Dark grey Candy Shell is coming out. FINALLY a decent color combo.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

10. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I have had 3 Speck Candyshell replacements and each time the customer service was decent.

I sent a complaint online.
    They reply back asking for a receipt.
    I send copy of receipt and case color.
    Day or two later, I receipt replacement invoice.
    Couple days after that, I have new case in hand.

Have you tried a different form on contact?

11. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Lol same. My first thought was YAY, a purple candyshell case! But I def won't be buying through the speck website now that I know abt their awful CS.

12. Jaytix9 macrumors member

Black/Dark Grey and White/Light Grey...FTW!

sorry about the bad service. that sucks.

13. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Totally unrelated, but DAMN, I wish I'd waited to order mine! Pink/light pink sounds like exactly what I was looking for! (Got white/red instead and it looks sharper than hell, but I'm a pink kinda girl.)

14. na300zx thread starter macrumors member

yeah it is pretty crappy, but I guess stuff like this happens from time to time. I'm glad I spilled the beans on upcoming products lol Maybe some of you will get lucky, but the cases are one of the more expensive options WITHOUT a decent warranty lol Thanks for the replies guys, was just venting. :rolleyes:

15. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Might be a good idea to escalate this. You got an unfavorable response from someone on the front lines of their customer support chain. It could be some lazy moron who didn't even read half of your message and replied with a canned 10% discount thinking you broke the case yourself. I would be shocked if you got to a level of support that actually required a brain and got the same response that you have so far.

Also, I must admit that I had a similar response to others. My first reaction was a "Woohoo, black/grey, the first hetero color Candy Shell!"

16. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Your just going to accept that answer?

Email them back and ask or politely demand a replacement regardless of color. Seriously that email would make me chuckle and then immediately call them.

17. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

dang, my white incipio feather got stained, Sent them an email asking how I could clean it and the next day they asked for pictures and told me they would send me another in a darker color.

really sucks that speck is doing that to you..

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

I do agree

try try again I just found part of there return policy and it includes a phone number I would call them! I think you might have better luck talking to a human.

Speck Non-Defective Products Return Policy

Refunds for Non-Defective Products (available to SpeckProducts.com purchasers only)

If you purchase a product directly from Speck Products (“Speck”) through Speck’s website located at: www.speckproducts.com, you may return the product if you are dissatisfied with the product for any reason, and Speck will refund the amount paid for the returned product. Non-defective refund requests must be made directly to Speck. All non-defective products must be returned within thirty (30) days of the date of original purchase and include a Speck-issued RMA (Return Materials Authorization) number and be shipped postage pre-paid to: Speck Products, Attn: Customer Service, 227 Forest Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301. Please clearly write or otherwise mark your RMA number on the outside of your package. To obtain an RMA number, an RMA form must be submitted directly to Speck’s customer service department.

You can obtain an RMA by: (i) using the RMA Form on Speck's website; (ii) writing to Speck Products, Attn: Customer Service, 227 Forest Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301; (iii) e-mailing customerservice@speckproducts.com (and including in the subject line: Non-Defective Product RMA); or (iv) calling the Products Return Department at (650) 462-2040.

19. V4705 macrumors 6502

I don't know who is this rude "april", try to contact them again,
    there is someone that sign "orange" something, he\she is very very helpful and kind, try to reach her\him somehow.

good luck!!

20. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

Kasandra Orange or Kendra Orange - thats who did my three warranty returns.

21. V4705 macrumors 6502

yep, i remember something with K, she's awesome.