Specks on iP4 apple logo?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jenga1891, Jul 11, 2010.

1. jenga1891 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I was wondering if you iphone 4 owners notice little specks on your apple logo if you look at it in a certain angle. It doesn't look like scratches and doesnt seem like it's on the glass itself but on the metal part under the glass. I wanted to be a little less OCD with this phone (on my previous iphone I taped up the apple logo and then put it in a case), but it is just really bothering me. I already did a search and it seems like people are finding dust under their screen but I havent been able to find a thread with people finding specks on their apple logo.

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i have it too, but a have a zagg on it and dont know if the specs are from crap on that or if its actually on the logo

3. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I noticed this under really bright overhead lighting at a certain angle, but honestly, 99% of the time, you won't notice, and 100% of the time, nobody else will. I think they aren't specks or anything but small "dips" from the manufacturing process. Not a big deal!

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

The horror!

My mom lives in Pensacola Beach. You should see the "specks" of oil on her previously favorite stretch of sand.

5. Savor Suspended

Savor

I noticed mine has those too. I noticed it actually a week ago when I was in SF.

*shrugs*

Next.

*yawn*

Not like I plan wearing gloves on this thing. I got other more important things to worry about. OCD would drive me nuts like Howard Hughes if I start worrying about little things like that.

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Yup, I got em but are you going to do. The backs going to get scratched eventually unless you have a case. And if you have a case, you won't see the specs, and there's a chance it'll still get scratched anyway.

7. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

LOL

8. jonstatt macrumors member

For those keeping their phones naked, just wait until you get dirt trapped in the gap between the glass and the plastic edging. There is glue down the sides there, so once dirt gets trapped in, you can never get it out. And the more you try the more you spread/set more dirt, or just agitate the glue which turns white.

Then you will have a distraction from the sparkly bits on the Apple logo. I don't have any dust under the glass there..but I do have one spec elsewhere under the black glass. Also under extremely revealing light, you will notice the glass has "pits" in it too...its not perfect. But then I think this is totally OCD!

9. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I notice the specks too but then I wipe the logo with more pressure than if I were just wiping smudges and they disappear.

10. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I find a slight dab of saliva (or semen if you are feeling a little fruity) and then a rub with your usual cleaning cloth will remove without any problems.

11. jonjames macrumors regular

are you serious........macrumors is getting more and more useless with the million threads posted each day like this one

12. rotlex macrumors 6502a

13. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

That could happen with a case too. Cases are notorious dust magnets. And your phone back can get scratched by dust that collects between it and the case. They aren't air sealed tight.

14. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

This is a phone, not a diamond. There are going to be imperfections. I hope this thread is a joke. If not I will pray for your soul.

15. Savor Suspended

Savor