Speculate: absolute must for first software update? And additional ideas..

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FrancoRumors, Apr 25, 2015.

1. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

After a day of using your watches, what does apple absolutely need to do for the first software update?

I'm assuming it will be a while since many watches are Far from delivery... What do you think and how soon?

I am a healthcare professional and I think activation of the pulse oximetry sensor through a software update would add a whole new dimension to the health and fitness tracking ability of the watch as well as be groundbreaking for researchers using HealthKit.

After that I think the ability to tell someone's temperature would be phenomenal - notifications if you suddenly develop a fever!!

That would take care of 3 of the 5 major vital signs... Leaving only blood pressure and respiratory rate.

2. designer1984 macrumors newbie

They have to be careful with health-related tech because of the FDA. That said, I'd love it if they expanded in this area, too!

I wish they'd give us the option to customize the non-crown button. I'd like to change it to reflect the sleep button on my iPhone. Second nature, I guess. Also, my primary purchase point wasn't communication, it was fitness tracking, so to dictate a single, specific purpose for the button that isn't relevant to my use case bugs me!

Other than that, I hope the next OS update quickens the loading/hanging (even just a bit).

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

4. Somnospeed macrumors member

No delay in text message notifications. I know I keep griping about it but a 12 second delay from the time my phone gets a text to the time my watch does is not acceptable. I can literally receive a text, pull out my phone, read it and respond to it before my watch even buzzes. Not very practical.

5. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Is this delay only with message notifications? This will be a real problem if this delay is with phone calls as well.

6. Nellonello macrumors newbie

Ability to customize how long before it goes into sleep mode.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

not having to scroll through an entire wall of text to delete an email.