Speculation on Tethering with MyWi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aboo, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Hi Folks,

With AT&T's new announcements today, I wonder what the deal will be for tethering on jailbroken iPhones using the MyWi app. Will AT&T be able to know that you are tethering when you only use it occasionally and for short periods of time?

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Nope, you'd be fine. Just don't use it as your main internet connection at home and download pirated copies of The Hurt Locker, then you'll be ok.

3. Aboo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool! Thanks for the note! Yes, I use my data connection rather sparingly. I just used the new billing report trend feature to check my data usage in the past 6 months. They have all been consistently less than 800 mb.

4. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Same here. Im not a total data hog but if I travel during certain months I like to be able to listen to music, stream sports games, tether rarely and mostly browse the net. I could go to the 25 dollar plan but for the few months I earn the extra 5 dollars back I would lose it by going over by anywhere from .4 kilobytes (2001 MB) to 4 gigs out of the YEAR. :mad: . I know ATT needs to alleviate there network but to iGouge people like this is insane. Just charge 4 - 7 bucks a gig and everyone should be happy. You get your money back and anyone going over 7 GIGS plus should be capped or pay for the extra bandwidth.