Speed comparisons ... iP4/EVO/3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asleep, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

why for some reason I knew the Evo would be faster. When I had it was zipping through web pages like I was on my home PC on sprints 3G network. The colors are washed the hell out on his evo though. I know it doesn't look like that in real life but it's still washed out sitting next to an Iphone. Hell my old Hero has better colors then the Evo.

2. bobdigi macrumors regular

The pinch zoom is WAY smoother on the iPhone. Evo looked choppy.

3. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

It looked that close would anyone really notice the difference when not side-by-side?

4. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

that's cuz the Evo wraps the text. It looks choppy but it's not.

No just like I you wouldn't with the retina display and all the other marketing crap. Just look at Engadget aritlce where you couldn't tell the difference between the Galaxy S next the the Iphone unless it you are under a microscope. The text all look the same.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I played around with an EVO a few weeks ago, and I was not impressed in the slightest. Scrolling and zoom was not smooth at all. It was kind of embarrassing compared to an iPhone.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I’ve got the 3G. It was illuminating to see what I’ve been missing.

7. diabolic macrumors 68000

Go hold them both at the same time to compare. You can tell the difference. The new iPhone display looks significantly better than the EVO. And that's not even taking into account how much better the overall design looks and feels. They don't seem to even be in the same class when you examine them together.

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Barely edged out the iPhone. Not bad. Too bad it's a Sprint only phone atm. Hopefully another version will make it's way to AT&T soon.

9. bobdigi macrumors regular

Barely edged out iPhone, by 4 nanoseconds. Whoopty. Look at the horrible pinch zoom on that Evo, looked pretty crappy.

10. ArcAngel66 macrumors regular

This is why the iPhone is still ahead of the competition... People seem to look at "OMG 4G, and a better camera! etc" and forget that the actual experience is just all around more clunky.

11. asleep thread starter macrumors 68040

asleep

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

If you consider just getting around to a camera flash being "ahead". I'd say more like equalling things up a bit. The screen is awfully nice though. Would be nice to see somewhat bigger on next year's model...doesn't have to be as big as an EVO..maybe a 4 inch size perhaps?